Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one?

4 posters

Go down

Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? Empty Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one?

Post by ultralite Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Has anyone tried this shop? http://atlantaaircooled.com/home

I've gone to Bobby's in Decatur but he seems more of an engine guy. I need some window rubber work and camper top work.

I've been to some of the shops in the metro area but its hard to work out the logistics to some further away.

Are other places closer to town that folks recommend? The only reason I ask because I heard that Bobby moved and the "Atlanta Aircooled" referenced above I just now heard of. Plus, I'm still new to the ATL VW scene. (Yes, I've seen the vendor section but most seem to be on the very outskirts of Atlanta if not further)

Thanks in advance. Hope to meet some of you at some shows this year, we haven't had our Westy long.

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? Empty Re: Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one?

Post by Grifspop Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am

That's Brad Mondun- you should call him, he does all kinds of Volkswagen stuff- body work, brakes, engine, beams- you name it- he's worked on a lot of people's cars around the Gwinnett area- 678-641-8904- I'm sure he'd discuss what you need done and give you an idea what's involved
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? Empty Re: Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one?

Post by ultralite Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:16 am

Thank you! I called and talked with him this morning.
I plan to let folks on here know how it goes. I like doing my own work but I also want to support these local shops, it benefits the VW community and the noobs that join our ranks.

Speaking of shops, I have bought parts from Herrell's and had a good experience. And I had an inspection done by Vintage VW when I first bought. They seemed like really good folks. It's just a little far for me to get to.

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 am

Any pics of your westy?
I've seen a few running around lately I havent recognized.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Does this one show up? (from Samba, sorry I haven't posted pics on this forum yet)
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1003341.jpg

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:53 pm

put the link inside the [img][/img] brackets.

Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? 1003341
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Oops, thanks for the help. Going to try with another picture:
Abracadabra!
Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? 1003372

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm

nice -looks beautiful
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks! We love it. Hey, I don't live far from Oakhurst either.
One more pic: (my favorite)
Atlanta area shop - anyone try this one? 1003320

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm

ah cool- i'm driving a red beetle with white walls- stop me if you see me, its always good to meet the vw folks in town. Very Happy
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down