Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help putting door glass in a bug

2 posters

Go down

Need Help putting door glass in a bug Empty Need Help putting door glass in a bug

Post by Mfisher21 Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Does anyone know the trick for getting the glass back in the door of a bug? We have a 65 and a 63 that we took the glass out of for restoration. They came out pretty easy and we took several pictures and good notes, but we just can't get them back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Mfisher21
Mfisher21
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Need Help putting door glass in a bug Empty Re: Need Help putting door glass in a bug

Post by fluxcap Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:51 am

Never done it on a 65 and up door, but done plenty on 64 and earlier doors. No real tricks to it, it's just a super tight fit. Make sure you have the bolts for the divider bar removed, and I also like to remove the bolt that secures the bottom of the rear window channel in place. I then place the glass in the bottom of the door. Grab the divider bar and gently (but firmly) pry it towards the front of the car. Try to get the top of the glass to go in the front and rear channels. Once the top of the glass is in, the glass will probably be and a funny angle and not really in line with the channels. You may think it won't work, but slowly just start forcing it upwards, and it will start lining up as the glass goes up. Kinda hard to explain, so I hope I made some sense!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Need Help putting door glass in a bug Empty Re: Need Help putting door glass in a bug

Post by Mfisher21 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks! I does make sense. I am at the point that the glass looks off center and like it will break if I push harder. Looks like i just need to keep going and it will line up.

Thanks,
Mike
Mfisher21
Mfisher21
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down