Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

67 Savannah Bus

+13
DubsforLife
vwtattooed
earlyvwfanatic
DiggerD
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
63buggin
bumblebuggy
zabo
BKiller
Raggtop
fluxcap
68beetlebug
SavannahVW
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 Empty Re: 67 Savannah Bus

Post by SavannahVW Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for posting the pics for me. It is a cool picture of all the VWs in the garage at the same time. Your single is always welcome. My girls and I have fall breaks and they are flying the Washington DC this Friday through Monday for a girls trip to see some old friends and tour some museums. I'm staying here to work on the bus and will be bachelor'in it. It's going to be VWs 24/7 over here. Tom is coming over tomorrow to install the material around the 8 popouts. That means we can get all the glass in finally. Jeff and I should be getting the motor back in for the last time this week too. Be carefull driving down and looking forward to the help.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 am

Getting close to finishing the Savannah Bus. I'm hoping to take it to the header builder at the end of this week. 2270 Type IV motor is installed. Then on to the upholster for the panels, roof and consoles. I've installed the wooden floor. Dual Batteries are installed. Not sure I will have the complete stereo installed in time for the November Shows. I'm really trying to get-er-done in time to premier her at the Bulli Brigade and Bug Jam. If I get down there stop by and take a look at what we've done. My backup plan is the drive the 56 Oval Ragtop down. Not going to miss the events.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 am

looks incredible
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Sounds like a ton of work to get done in a couple weeks. Look forward to seeing it @ bulli if you get it done!
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah. I'm sweatin it. I can't control how long it takes to build the custom header. I also have a guy here in Savannah sewing up a custom interior. Again, I can't control how long they each take. We can get all the mechanicals and such ready working every night after work. I guess I can unveil it at WinterJam in February if necessary. I've had the bus for 10 years collecting parts and designing everything. I don't really want to rush the end and mess it up. Especially with what I have invested already. I will be at Bulli and Jam with my Oval either way!!!
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

This is going to be a killer bus. Can't wait to see it done!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:This is going to be a killer bus. Can't wait to see it done!

X2 cyclops
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Bus made it to the header shop for the custom exhaust yesterday. Suppose to be done by Monday! Then, off to upholstry shop to finish the interior. 6 days there. Hope to get some time to break in the 2270 a little before the trip to Florida. I am optimistic and hope we can premier her in a few weeks at Bulli and Jam. Hope you guys will stop by and check her out.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Good News and Bad News.
First the Bad News: Doesn't look like we can have the SavannahBus ready for Bulli and Jam in two weeks. The custom header/muffler won't be back from coating in time to really test the 2270 motor before the trip. The interior guy also wants more time to really do the interior right. After 10 years of collecting parts and designing, it seemed crazy to rush the end for a show.
Good News: The stance is awesome lowered on 17" rims. The single color with chrome pop-outs, bumpers, et al give it a real classy look. The 2270 cc is 150 hp and our local guy built an awesome header. No part of the header is lower than the tranni saddle brace!! He kept the specs for anyone else who might need a Type IV bus header. Wasn't cheap but worth every penny

We will still be at Bulli and Jam with the Green Goblin-56 Custom Oval Ragtop. It also has a 2270 (175hp) w/AC. Look for the little Skeleton driver in the front seat. I will have a bunch of cherry parts for sale that we did not use on the bus build. Most are brand new including a custom white/silver face speedo w/red needle, body rubber, new gas gauge, switches, window stuff, etc.

See everybody in a few weeks!!!
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Update on the Savannah Bus:
Got the coated header and muffler back and it is very nice. We'll get you some photos as soon as I get it mounted. The bus is currently at the upholstery shop. He is making great progress and has created a few surprises I think will impress a few people. We decided to take our time on the interior so I may not get it back until mid December. Saw some fine rides at Bulli Brigade and Bug Jam. We will probably debut the Savannah Bus at the No Dough Show in Daytona Fl in February.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggtop Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 am

Hmmmmm No Dough sounds good, Being i spent it all at Bulli/BugJam, lmao
Raggtop
Raggtop
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2010-12-30

http://dkk-savannah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 pm

I just heard today that the No Dough Show has been moved to April 13-15th.. NOT in February. I hear you on the $$ but the get-togethers are the best part of the hobby. I enjoy checking out everyone's rides and getting ideas. If I don't have work conflicts, I think I will be going.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggtop Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:13 am

Sounds good, Will see what i can do...
Raggtop
Raggtop
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggtop Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 pm

New Pics of the 67 Savannah Bus
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011014sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011013sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011012sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011011sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011010sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011009sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011008sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011007sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011006sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011001sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011004sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011003sm[/img]
Raggtop
Raggtop
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggtop Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:10 pm

And some more...
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011005sm[/img][img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011002sm[/img]
[img]67 Savannah Bus - Page 2 BusDec2011015sm[/img]
Raggtop
Raggtop
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks for posting the pics for me Scott. I need to figure out how to do that! Some pretty serious "before" pictures. Hoping to get the interior finished before XMas. For all my Dub friends out there....this guy is incredible and very detailed oriented. You should see what he does with a beetle! I think he is very reasonable for getting a truly custom interior made of any material combination you can dream of. His headliners are emaculate! Look what we're doing with the bus headliner. The long slits on the sides of the center piece are hiding long track lights that wash the top. The "uncovered" box behind the front seats is hiding the AC evaporator, AC ducts, and speakers. The rear speakers will be covered in the same material as the side windows and hidden. The idea is to make everything as stealthy as possible.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by earlyvwfanatic Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 pm

I can see a Hot VW magazine cover in your future!
earlyvwfanatic
earlyvwfanatic
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:21 pm

I don't know if it's going to be good enough for that but it will be a one-of-a-kind
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

i hope he installed some vapor barrier behind those panels, otherwise his handi-work will be ruined by moisture....unless you're not gonna drive it when it rains and store it in a climate controlled building?
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for looking out for me. We are installing the barriers when we do the final installation. He is just now cutting all the panels to fit. What you see in the pics is the first fitments. I do plan on storing it in the garage but it will be a driver. You also can't see the wood floor I installed under the cardboard. It is basically a floating floor and has a 1/8th inch gap for expansion all around.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 pm

That is just sick!
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:41 am

Yea. My wife says that I am "sick" She has been very patient.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:49 am

Ragtop, You gotta talk me through how to add an image to my posts.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Delayed on the interior install. He had a job come in from the area FBI that will take 10 days!! They are paying him a crap-load. I totally understand the delay and I'm cool with it but after 10 years of working on this bus and seeing the end is near, delays are just frustrating. I still have a few items to complete before it's roadworthy. Hoping to drive it to the Silverdollar Event at Reynolds in March????
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:30 pm

SavannahVW wrote:Ragtop, You gotta talk me through how to add an image to my posts.

Save the pic on another site like facebook or photobucket. Once you have the pick stored, right click on the picture, select "properties" and copy the whole portion to the right of the "Address: (URL)" (should end with.jpg). Then click on the little green box in the "post a reply" section here that says "image" when you hover the cursor over it. Then paste what you copied into the little section that pops up and click "OK." You won't see the picture until you hit "preview" or "send"

Sounds complicated but really simple once you've done it a few times.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next