Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors???

2 posters

Go down

Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors??? Empty Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors???

Post by fluxcap Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Got my birth certificate from the vw museum about a week ago. It lists the build date as July 8, 1961, which is today and would make my car officially 50 years old!!! However, this date doesn't really jive with the vin number records I've seen other places. Anybody else gotten a birth certificate for their car with a build date that doesn't add up?

According to Progressive Refinements (which is supposed to have been compiled from VW factory records showing each individual change over the years) the 1962 model year began on July 31, 1961 with vin number 4010995. PR also lists the very last vin number produced for each month, and the last beetle "built" on July 31, 1961 was 4020589. My car falls between these two numbers which would indicate is was built on July 31 rather than July 8.

Just confusing scratch I'm out of town today, and can't really celebrate by taking the car out for a spin, so I think I'm just going to settle on the July 31 date so I can give the car a nice drive in honor of its half century milestone.

Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors??? 823059
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors??? Empty Re: Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors???

Post by fluxcap Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Of course those numbers from PR would mean they produced almost 10000 cars on that day which is a bit excessive. According to smallwonder I think they were only doing around 4500 a day around then.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors??? Empty Re: Happy 50th b'day!!!....err maybe....Birth Certificate errors???

Post by bakertim2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Still it's interesting.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down