Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Y U Bugg'N 2009

+13
zabo
65veedub
Yagorski@aol.com
daltondragger73
56HAVOC
71_georgia_beetle
EngineerTEN
Johnny
aircooledaddicts
bumblebuggy
fluxcap
39coupe
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
17 posters

Go down

What is the better set of days for the show?

Y U Bugg'N 2009 Vote_lcap54%Y U Bugg'N 2009 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
Y U Bugg'N 2009 Vote_lcap46%Y U Bugg'N 2009 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 24

Y U Bugg'N 2009 Empty Y U Bugg'N 2009

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:45 am

Kiwanis fairground
Griffin, GA 30224

Still have to firm up the date and a few of the details but the time has come to get the ball moving.

Shooting for two days on May 29 and 30 or the 30 and 31
What do you think would be better?

Camping should be available.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Y U Bugg'N 2009 Empty Re: Y U Bugg'N 2009

Post by 39coupe Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 pm

I know this isn't the place for a religious discussion but do none of you go to church on Sunday? Why all the events on Sundays?
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

I voted Friday/Saturday. The Georgia VW scene doesn't seem to have enough diehards (except the good people on this site). I think people would be more likely to cruise down Friday evening, set-up camp, cook-out and BS all night, and then wake up and do some showing and swapping all day. If you have it saturday/sunday, I feel more people would come hang out all day saturday and then leave once they have seen everything.

The only problem starting on Friday is people may not be able to get out of work early enough to make it down at a decent time.

Oh, I meant to add, of course I'll be there either way.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 pm

39coupe wrote:I know this isn't the place for a religious discussion but do none of you go to church on Sunday? Why all the events on Sundays?

Seriously? Saturday and Sunday are the weekend when most people don't work. It has nothing to do with church. Plus I know of a few poeple (myself included) who work EVERY Saturday. I don't attend church, but last I checked, they usually have more than one service on Sundays anymore so people can enjoy their weekends and still worship. Asside from the Reynolds shows and Bug Jam, I can't think of any shows this year which were Sunday only shows. As a matter of fact, there were several events I wanted to attend but was unable because they were on Saturday only and I was unable to because I have to be at the office.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
39coupe wrote:I know this isn't the place for a religious discussion but do none of you go to church on Sunday? Why all the events on Sundays?

Seriously? Saturday and Sunday are the weekend when most people don't work. It has nothing to do with church. Plus I know of a few poeple (myself included) who work EVERY Saturday. I don't attend church, but last I checked, they usually have more than one service on Sundays anymore so people can enjoy their weekends and still worship. Asside from the Reynolds shows and Bug Jam, I can't think of any shows this year which were Sunday only shows. As a matter of fact, there were several events I wanted to attend but was unable because they were on Saturday only and I was unable to because I have to be at the office.

There were a number of local events on Sundays, I know most of you did not attend one which was the smart thing to do - but the Carrollton show was on Sunday. And most of the Sat/Sun shows have the meat of the show on Sunday. I'm by no means a religious fanatic or anything, but it is tough for me to blow off church for an event after the price that was paid for our salvation, one day doesn't seem like much to give. And it does suck that you have to work Saturdays, I work a number of them myself and we have missed you at those events.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:50 pm

My thought on the two days was the day before would only contain camping and hanging out. The actual show would be the next day, so....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 pm

39coupe wrote: but it is tough for me to blow off church for an event after the price that was paid for our salvation, one day doesn't seem like much to give. And it does suck that you have to work Saturdays, I work a number of them myself and we have missed you at those events.

I agree.

I would like to see it done on Fri. and Sat.
Fri. could be a day to set up camp and have some fun for the evening just hanging out. Then the main part of the show would be Sat.
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:02 pm

either--or.....would work for me.......if the boss says anything about working on that friday i can tell him sorry got plans---lookin' forward to it cheers
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I reserve Sunday as well. Campout on Friday night and then activities on Saturday work well.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm

See, you all have it wrong. I follow each of the religions below and this buys me two things, 1. A ticket into one of the many heavens 2. Time to do the things that I want to do when I decide to do them without the fear of failing that days particular God by falling out of the religious nomenclature. So here's what I do. On Thursday I look in my Suddir and find the appropriate offering. Then I make sure that my Rabbi blesses me for the following days. Now, this pisses off Buddha, Yahweh, God and Allah but the trade of is a really good weekend, at least one after life earned and most of the following religions offer forgiveness. How sweet is that! So I say, drop your one god religion and get on the Christianity, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Baptist, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Buddhism, Zen, Pure, Land, Theravada, Tibetan, Confucianism, Hinduism, Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shakta, Philosophy, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Orthodox, Liberal/Reform, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, New Religious Movements, Christian-Derived NRMs, Eastern-Derived NRMs,Bahai, Scientology, Rastafarianism, Paganism and New Age band wagon.

Last edited by 71_georgia_beetle on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:54 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:See, you all have it wrong. I follow each of the religions below and this buys me two thing, 1. A ticket into one of the many heavens 2. Time to do the things that I want to do when I decide to do them without the fear of failing that days particular God by falling out of the religious nomenclature. So here's what I do. On Thursday I look in my Suddir and find the appropriate offering. Then I make sure that my Rabbi blesses me for the following days. Now, this pisses off Buddha, Yahweh, God and Allah but the trade of is a really good weekend, at least one after life earned and most of the following religions offer forgiveness. How sweet is that! So I say, drop your one god religion and get on the Christianity, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Baptist, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Buddhism, Zen, Pure, Land, Theravada, Tibetan, Confucianism, Hinduism, Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shakta, Philosophy, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Orthodox, Liberal/Reform, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, New Religious Movements, Christian-Derived NRMs, Eastern-Derived NRMs,Bahai, Scientology, Rastafarianism, Paganism and New Age band wagon.
damm scott its not that serious,but i feel what your saying lol! king
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:40 pm

I say fri. and Sat.. only because i can get home more likely on a thur. to get ready and drive down fri, camp and then get home on sunday to get ready to be back on the road for 1st thing monday
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagorski@aol.com Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:52 am

Friday/Saturday
Yagorski@aol.com
Yagorski@aol.com
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 65veedub Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm

I reserve sunday as well. Friday and saturday sound good.
65veedub
65veedub
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 am

i do not reserve sunday- so i vote sat/sun.
SATAN SATAN SATAN!
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 am

fluxcap wrote:If you have it saturday/sunday, I feel more people would come hang out all day saturday and then leave once they have seen everything.

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:My thought on the two days was the day before would only contain camping and hanging out. The actual show would be the next day, so....

Well, in that case I have no preference at all. My weekends are usually wide open!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 pm

I like Friday-Saturday. Sunday's for Church and puting away all the stuff I didn't sell, and accounting.
Clyde
Clyde
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-23

http://athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:42 am

I like Friday/Saturday too. I think it would be cool if we could meet early at Sonic on Saturday, then cruise to the show!
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Either works for me.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Volks Place Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Fri/Sat works for us as well, A and I would need one whole day to recover from saying STOP, QUIT, DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to 5 kids. HaHaHaHa

Old Volks Place
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Show will be on Saturday but camping (still to be approved) is planned for Saturday night
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down