Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My leaky engine

+7
meinvw
Bugman114
fluxcap
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
bumblebuggy
Treehive
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My leaky engine - Page 2 Empty Re: My leaky engine

Post by peregrine67 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

Treehive wrote:
peregrine67 wrote:
Treehive wrote:His $950-1200 range blows every other estimate I got out of the water. Most in the Atl area wanted at least $4K for a rebuild and Raby's kit is even more than that. Good luck

Yeah I got the $4K+ quote from a local shop too. I just took it as a hint that he really didn't want to do it so I did it myself. If I'd have know Bear would do it for around $1K I would have gone that route.

That's awesome! I would love to have another type IV to split and rebuild....almost grabbed one, but a pet emergency required all the extra bread i had....

For the record; I didn't have to split the case. The repair turned out to be easier than I expected. What I thought was a busted ring was fixed by just replacing a broken rocker arm.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 pm

peregrine67 wrote:I think Tim Baker still has a runing type IV motor for sale. I'd like to get it but considering mine is now running fine I can't quite justify the cost just to have a spare.

I know...i wanted to buy it from him, but the pet emergency took the funds. One emergency room visit + 2 more regular vet visits = i don't get an extra engine Sad
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 am

Treehive wrote:
peregrine67 wrote:I think Tim Baker still has a runing type IV motor for sale. I'd like to get it but considering mine is now running fine I can't quite justify the cost just to have a spare.

I know...i wanted to buy it from him, but the pet emergency took the funds. One emergency room visit + 2 more regular vet visits = i don't get an extra engine Sad

He no longer has that engine. Just asked him about it. Same here a pet emergency came up and took away the funds! One of my dogs got beat up by one of my cats and had to have surgery. Dang wussy dogs.....
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 72superbeetle Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

I ran into the same type of problem could not trace the source of oil leak and it was fairly significant hunted and hunted wound up being rear main bearing blowing it all. so check that if you haven't if it moves at all it's bad.
72superbeetle
72superbeetle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2