Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound Deadener

5 posters

Go down

Sound Deadener Empty Sound Deadener

Post by panic_fan Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:12 am

Anyone ever use any of this stuff. I have read up about it on thesamba.
Its super cheap at Lowes, the only thing I have read negative is that it smells for just a few days...

I want to sound proof the cargo area and interior firewall area in my bus to start off with.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=154017-81326-PS625
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Sound Deadener Empty Re: Sound Deadener

Post by fluxcap Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:15 am

Did my tunnel, doors, quarters, and whole back end of my bug with it. There was a light smell for a few days, but it's completely gone now. I would use it again for the price. It wasn't the easiest stuff to work with though. The flat spots were easy, but the rear luggage compartment has a stamped "un-flat" surface and it was kind of a pain to get it in all the low spots. After dealing with the luggage compartment, I decided not to attempt to do my floor pans with it. I got some of that foil backed padding for the floor. I think I used about 2 1/4 rolls to do my car. It sticks quick, so make sure you are laying it exactly how you want it. It will be a mess if you ever need to remove it. I think it does a decent job. I can knock on the panels and tell which panels have it and which don't and me and Kelly don't have to scream to have a conversation in the car!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:12 pm

new hot vws has an article abt installing dynomat

doesn't look too expensive 36" X 10' $23.65
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:51 pm

They have a product compareable to dynamat but less expensive at Summit. Dad has it all over his super and that thing is pretty fern quiet.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:27 am

I picked up a four ft. wide x twenty-five ft. long roll (100 Square Feet) of "foil-bubble foil" insulation at Lowes and a spray can of 3M adhesive for less than $70.00. I have a friend who builds street rods that bring big bucks ($40,000.00 and up) and that is all he uses. Per his advice I insulated my '69 Chevy panel truck with it and besides being quiet it's also a heat barrier. It's very light weight and cuts with household scissors. You can use a roll of foil tape to cover any and all seams thereby litterly encapsulating your interrior.

If you were to tape up the door jams it would hold water. Laughing
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down