Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus wheels

3 posters

Go down

Bus wheels Empty Bus wheels

Post by Hotsyman Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 am

Does anyone know if you can run front wheel drive wheels on a rear wheel drive vehicle (77 Baywindow)?

Hotsyman
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Bus wheels Empty Re: Bus wheels

Post by vwgirl Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 am

Hotsyman wrote:Does anyone know if you can run front wheel drive wheels on a rear wheel drive vehicle (77 Baywindow)?

I'm pretty sure the wheels don't mind... I mean they take turns being the drive wheels, that is saying you actually rotate your wheels. From all the front wheel drive wheels I have seen on a bus, I'd have to say I've never bothered to ask them Laughing

I think the most important thing is getting the right tires! Make sure they are load rated with reinforced sidewalls. DO NOT run passenger car tires

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 am

front wheel drive wheels are usely offset in more but thats beter then offset to far out on a bus becauce they wouldnt make it passed the fender lip in the back as long as you find a front wheel drive wheel 5-112mm you can get spacers cheep if its set in to far
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:19 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:front wheel drive wheels are usely offset in more but thats beter then offset to far out on a bus becauce they wouldnt make it passed the fender lip in the back as long as you find a front wheel drive wheel 5-112mm you can get spacers cheep if its set in to far

Offset really has nothing to do with the fact that a car is front wheel drive or rear wheel drive, it has to do with the fact that it is designed for that car in particular...

For example, wide 5 bus rims will not fit in place of a wide 5 thing rim because they are offset different and will rub...

I do not know what you are trying to do here, but there is also a difference in hubcentric and lugcentric wheels and there are also directional wheels. If you are putting hub centric wheels on a VW you will need to make sure you have the proper lug nuts/bolts to make it lug centric... you can also get a hub centric ring, but really you need the right lugs so the ring isn't really necessary.

If you are trying to use mercedes wheels, you will likely have to drill out the inserts and get longer studs for the front and move the front ones to the back, will also need to get different lug nuts... but otherwise they will bolt right on...

Just keep in mind that if you are using a wheel meant for a passenger car, you need to make sure that there is a truck tire size that will fit it because the weight of your bus is more than a car and most car tires are not rated for its weight. You don't want to have a blowout with your pretty new wheels!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down