Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Clip Replacement Question

2 posters

Go down

Front Clip Replacement Question Empty Front Clip Replacement Question

Post by EngineerTEN Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

I was inspecting my trunk area this past weekend and discovered that the car has been hit in the front in the past and not properly repaired. The frame around the fuel tank is bent and you can see the effects of this around the driver side spare tire well. My car is a 1960. The replacement clips available are from 62 which have a different fuel tank. I don't have a problem replacing the front clip with a non 1960 front clip as it is not an original car anyways. The question is, will my original fuel tank fit? If not, could I get a 62 up fuel tank and have that fit? Any other concerns going this route?

Thanks,

Jason
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Front Clip Replacement Question Empty Re: Front Clip Replacement Question

Post by bakertim2 Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:35 pm

No, your tank won't fit unless you replace the entire tank surround. I know of a couple of oval window bugs that may have a good clip on them, however you may have to buy the whole car to get it. You could buy both cars for less than 600. 00, but they are ROUGH, one is a 56(its the worse one) the other is a 54
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am

I can get a early used front clip on the Samba for less. Also, I don't have space to store a car and cut it up. Anyone know if a 62 and up fuel tank will work if I go with a 62 and up clip?
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down