Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1963 vert restore ?

3 posters

Go down

1963 vert restore ? Empty 1963 vert restore ?

Post by 63buggin Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm

i've got a 1963 vert it had no fenders when i got it i may have jumped the gun when i got it cause i ordered all of them from mid a*******and have them in hand now im thinking i should have found some og and fixed them suggestions tx randy

Last edited by 63buggin on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
63buggin
63buggin
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

1963 vert restore ? Empty Re: 1963 vert restore ?

Post by fluxcap Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:58 pm

I think it's a toss-up. Original german fenders are going to fit great, but....finding them in good condition is often times very hard or you'll pay a premium. They will usually be dinged up or have rust issues that will require work.

Aftermarket fenders will be ready for paint, may need just a little work from dings during shipping. However they will be thinner and some of the mounting holes will more than likely not line up. Also, the mounting location for the horn grill and turn signals will be a little off from originals, so it's always best to buy them in sets. That way they are both off and less noticeable than having one original and one aftermarket.

I prefer originals, but I'm usually up for testing/improving my metal working skills.

What don't you like about the ones you received from MAM? I wouldn't get discouraged with them right away. They may take a little work to get them to fit, but once they are in place and painted, they will work just fine. I know of one 66 in particular running aftermarket fender and they look real good.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 63buggin Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:08 pm

thanks eric that makes me feel better and also hated to read about the deer accident hope youve got her back on the road and everything is good randy
63buggin
63buggin
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Ashley's car has Italian aftermarket fenders on it and I am pleased with the fit and look of them.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, that makes two 66's I know running them then. Laughing I would have never known her car had aftermarket fenders.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:22 pm

fluxcap wrote:Well, that makes two 66's I know running them then. Laughing I would have never known her car had aftermarket fenders.

I think they are as close to originals as you can buy..... At least I didnt have to buy them because the last time I looked they were quite pricey....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down