Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lady bug is on the road - finally!!

5 posters

Go down

lady bug is on the road - finally!! Empty lady bug is on the road - finally!!

Post by jennybug Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 am

bounce YAY!!! we're finally on the road. We got the 1971 convertible out of the shop yesterday, we had to have the motor completey rebuilt.

the guy at the shop was really impressed by some of the questions i was asking, that i got from reading the posts on here. (by the way, i've got a stock pulley, not a chrome one) he said that's the best way to learn, from those who have been there.

we would appreciate anything that anyone has to offer in the way of advice, it really helps. we've got to get some tips on sanding and priming, because there are some rust spots on there that need to be stopped, and unfortunately, the paint will have to wait until there's more money.

also, the front isn't latching, and i'm worried that it could pop up when i'm driving. any tips or tricks to get that fixed?

i'll post some pics when i get them.

thanks to all for the help so far.

jennybug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

lady bug is on the road - finally!! Empty Re: lady bug is on the road - finally!!

Post by rpm750 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Pictures, you gota post a picture!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

lady bug is on the road - finally!! Empty Re: lady bug is on the road - finally!!

Post by Damn-it Don Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm

A great, and temporary fix for the front hood- bungee the handle to the front bumper brackets, or the front axle (unless your a Super Beetle owner.....).
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Congrats on getting another dub on the road!! cheers

Don Hall wrote:A great, and temporary fix for the front hood- bungee the handle to the front bumper brackets, or the front axle (unless your a Super Beetle owner.....).

If its a super all the easier, they have that nifty grill under the bumper that allows all kinds of bungee configurations.
Seriously tho, you should be able to adjust the latch pin, its slotted on the end so you can adjust the length. Be careful and do not get the front hood jammed, its a PIA to fix and will require cutting the handle in several pieces to get it back open!! Sad
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 am

Speaking as someone who has sawed a lot of handles thru the years- I recently was told that there is an access plate on the backside of the nose, underneath, that can be removed and then pick at the latch with a coat hanger to open it. Hope your spare tire isn't in the way! lol!
I've had a bungee for so long, I might get it chromed Twisted Evil
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Sweet, Congrats...now let's see it. Very Happy
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down