Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+85
wagtag
Johnny
ryneb21
panic_fan
vdubyou709
sdmjam
wdstang
R33ce97
jotty
shaky
57RTOval
Slim4life
runabout199
ultralite
Knumb Knucks
jtcap
56rag
jim conner
limabean79
macollins105
ridikas
reprobate3
Brooks424
Murdock00
Major62
damon23
vwtattooed
Damn-it Don
60andslow
Attack chicken
aircooledaddicts
ibjamn
johnvalkennedy
laith
DubDawg2579
bulldawgdude
vdubbers
uBER_SLO
vw57drvr
Bugman114
Muffler Bearing
hly3rd
67vdub
RomanBug
Gabass
720boy
cjvan71
DiggerD
jshmnghm
bayboy87
MRJEL
Hobug
tronview
type4revolution
bumblebuggy
68beetlebug
ggaagg57
guytonbug
Hookdriver
rican11
Heinz57
yayarudy
jerryg66
ASBug
callahan
drvr8
earlyvwfanatic
PeeWeeMan91
bakertim2
pwmcguire
Laz
peregrine67
fried_chicken
Grifspop
sploval53
BKiller
DOODLE BUGG
redneck_davis
zabo
Jon65
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
rpm750
ping349n
fluxcap
type901
89 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by peregrine67 Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Spent the morning cleaning the garage and that typically triggers me to want to work on something so I went ahead and installed the new drag link and repainted the front bumper.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DiggerD Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Turned the front drums on Tina and cleaned em up to repaint. Should be ready to put the frontend back together soon...
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:28 am

Picked up a 74 bay will have a bay up for sale soon
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Got he drums all painted and the bearings in. Was going to get the beam back in, but had to replace the master cylinder on the bus.... Mad
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

Went and grabbed the bug from my parents house on Friday and used it to do all our weekend running around and general cruising. I had cranked it a few times, but hadn't put any actual miles on it since December Shocked , so it was nice to get it out, slide the top back, and enjoy the sun!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 am

Chizzeled out a set of OEM 1958 Ghia pans that are in GREAT shape.
Gonna put them in the '73 Ghia.
Battery tray is even good.
These pans are way thicker than the Dansk ones I have for the thing...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by hly3rd Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Made a set of hoops for my single cab.
hly3rd
hly3rd
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.youngchoppers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drvr8 Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Not TO the VW as much as FOR the VW... Cleaned the garage out... made lots of room... can even park a Bus in there now if needed... also got a Kegerator for the thirst of working on the Bug... here are before and after picks:

Before - VERY full and crowded

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 2012-12-19161628_zpsac297a41

After - LOTS of room... can pull out the Bug and fit a Bus... rpm750 you know you want to try!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 2013-03-19122008_zps7b50ce5c
drvr8
drvr8
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:48 pm

I love me a clean workspace! Wayyy better. I need me a kegarator too but I think I will just convert an old fridge.
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:01 am

Blew way too much money at CIP1 and aircooled.net to git my rail ready for BAP (:<
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

Bled the brakes, installed a horn, put in a new dizzy, adjusted the valves, set the timing, adjusted the mixtue, and put different speakers in Warbird.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 am

Installed the rear trailing arms on my rail, as well as the trans. The late to early IRS conversion front mount worked perfectly c:
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 pm

I changed the tranny fluid in the SP2 today. Looked like mud coming out.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Worked some more on my rail. Installed new rear disc brake kit. New brake lines. New mastercylinder. And got the rear wheels on. First time it's been on the ground since...... Ever, XD. Also made some limiting straps out of steel cable. PO's ground the stops off to gain more ground clearance. Was wondering why the CV cages were broken :/. Also got some lights installed B)
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am

Been working a little here and there at night addressing some of the smaller rust spots below the belt line on the bus and sanding/filling in some of the older paint chips. Got the local paint store to mix up a match so I could paint the passenger door after I reskined the bottom, but it's far from being a "match". I didn't expect it to be perfect, but it's pretty far off. Plan is to address some of the minor stuff and give the bottom a new coat of paint before BAP. Still have a few bigger issues on the rear corners, drivers dogleg, rear cargo door and nose to address, but I'm really just wanting to get the bottom half all one color (it's currently three shades of red and primer), and I'll go back and fix the serious rust later and re-paint those sections as I go.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am

Ordered new rubber for the wipers on the '62 Rock auto had closeouts for $1.68 ea. Bought two pair.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 pm

I drove the bug over to the ballpark for my brother's baseball game (we won cheers ) and when I started it up to drive it back, the generator light came on and stayed on for some time while it was idling in the parking lot. When it wouldn't cut off, I got in and started to drive home because I figured that the generator had stopped charging and I didn't want to be stuck with a dead battery. Thankfully after a couple blocks it went off. I'm not sure if it was because of the cold or the gen temporarily stopped charging, or what. But, all is well now. Smile

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Loose connection somewhere most likely
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 am

The brushes in the 70's are like that, worn and it takes a minute or 2 for then to enguage the field windings...
No biggy.
Just watch it.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Tried to have a new exhaust made but decided the shop was full of idiots. Calling Hank instead.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:47 pm

sploval53 wrote:Loose connection somewhere most likely
ASBug wrote:The brushes in the 70's are like that, worn and it takes a minute or 2 for then to enguage the field windings...
No biggy.
Just watch it.
KC

I got it. Thanks guys. I'll drive it around some and just watch it. But, to be on the safe side, I think I'll do a quick check on the wiring connections this weekend.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Jon65 wrote:
sploval53 wrote:Loose connection somewhere most likely
ASBug wrote:The brushes in the 70's are like that, worn and it takes a minute or 2 for then to enguage the field windings...
No biggy.
Just watch it.
KC

I got it. Thanks guys. I'll drive it around some and just watch it. But, to be on the safe side, I think I'll do a quick check on the wiring connections this weekend.

Blow a bit of compressed air in the inspection hole, then a liberal shot of WD40. That'll make the brushes slide a bit better.

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Jon65 wrote:I drove the bug over to the ballpark for my brother's baseball game (we won cheers ) and when I started it up to drive it back, the generator light came on and stayed on for some time while it was idling in the parking lot. When it wouldn't cut off, I got in and started to drive home because I figured that the generator had stopped charging and I didn't want to be stuck with a dead battery. Thankfully after a couple blocks it went off. I'm not sure if it was because of the cold or the gen temporarily stopped charging, or what. But, all is well now. Smile
Man I hope you left out that you confirmed the belt was still spinning the generator before you drove it .

No belt = No Gen = No fan = No air = Blown engine

This has been a Georgia Dubs public service announcement.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
Jon65 wrote:I drove the bug over to the ballpark for my brother's baseball game (we won cheers ) and when I started it up to drive it back, the generator light came on and stayed on for some time while it was idling in the parking lot. When it wouldn't cut off, I got in and started to drive home because I figured that the generator had stopped charging and I didn't want to be stuck with a dead battery. Thankfully after a couple blocks it went off. I'm not sure if it was because of the cold or the gen temporarily stopped charging, or what. But, all is well now. Smile
Man I hope you left out that you confirmed the belt was still spinning the generator before you drove it .

Had that happen to me last week!!! Pulled out of the driveway, got about a mile down the road and gen light came on. Instinct told me to head back home so I did. Got in driveway, popped deck lid and saw a busted belt!!! Evil or Very Mad Glad I didn't go any further!
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:

Yeah, I left that out in my post. Embarassed

When that light came on, the first thing i did was get out, ran to the back, and popped the decklid to make sure the belt was still there and the gen pulley was spinning and it was. I've heard many stories about vdubbers losing their engines because of snapped belts, so that was the first thing I thought of.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next