Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+85
wagtag
Johnny
ryneb21
panic_fan
vdubyou709
sdmjam
wdstang
R33ce97
jotty
shaky
57RTOval
Slim4life
runabout199
ultralite
Knumb Knucks
jtcap
56rag
jim conner
limabean79
macollins105
ridikas
reprobate3
Brooks424
Murdock00
Major62
damon23
vwtattooed
Damn-it Don
60andslow
Attack chicken
aircooledaddicts
ibjamn
johnvalkennedy
laith
DubDawg2579
bulldawgdude
vdubbers
uBER_SLO
vw57drvr
Bugman114
Muffler Bearing
hly3rd
67vdub
RomanBug
Gabass
720boy
cjvan71
DiggerD
jshmnghm
bayboy87
MRJEL
Hobug
tronview
type4revolution
bumblebuggy
68beetlebug
ggaagg57
guytonbug
Hookdriver
rican11
Heinz57
yayarudy
jerryg66
ASBug
callahan
drvr8
earlyvwfanatic
PeeWeeMan91
bakertim2
pwmcguire
Laz
peregrine67
fried_chicken
Grifspop
sploval53
BKiller
DOODLE BUGG
redneck_davis
zabo
Jon65
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
rpm750
ping349n
fluxcap
type901
89 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ggaagg57 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:11 pm

today i got parts for vw dual 44 weber a short block a 3 rib trans two newly rebuilt dual port heads to good used head 1.25 rocker two bumpers for my 71and some other part i really dont need
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by sploval53 Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm

I love me some slick sand. It's just high ass Hell. But ya get what u pay for
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Left yesterday at 1:30pm and headed to Ohio.......1430 something miles and 30 hours later back home with a new bus. Pretty solid 67 that was stored in a warehouse for like 25 years. Lots of dents from things hitting it while in storage and a little rust here and there but I am really happy with it!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 am

Congrats!!! Sounds like a long trip, but glad you got it home and are happy with it. Can't wait to see it.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 am

Musta been a hell of a deal Bryce. I DO like a 67. alien
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 am

So when you rent a warehouse to store all these classics, can I use a corner to work on my projects? Ok, don't trade the darn thing, get out there and work on it! Get it rolling then do all the stuff like lowering and repair the small stuff while you drive it. I'm the worlds worst at procrastination. If I don't get it finished the first time it will never be totally finished.

Congrats man, you've wanted another one for a long time. Well I think we all have a Bus of some type now.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:12 am

rpm750 wrote:So when you rent a warehouse to store all these classics.
I wonder, if we got enough people together, if we could rent a "club" barn or garage.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am

Bryce and I talked about it, well you were in on that conversation too.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am

Can't wait to see iit either Bryce, congrats. Split count is up in these parts now.

type901
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:31 am

tronview wrote:Drove my beetle to work and had some a- hole back into the right rear fender and drive off. Oh and the reason I dove it to work is because I was in a four car wreck the night before and there is a good chance my Scion is totaled. People who can't drive should not be allowed on the roads. Mad

I have a right rear fender that I haven't installed yet...
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Went to a local junk yard and got most of what I needed for my bus including windows for my pop out frames, pop out latches, door handles inners and outers, matching key and ignition, 3 jail bars, cargo door mechs, hinge cover for the snow cone bus, and a set of 64-67 spindles.....also picked up a steering wheel for Josh
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 581666_10200458090925644_1877368093_n
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm

That one heck of a junk yard
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Just got lucky as the bus just got pulled in....Phil gave me the heads up
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Just got lucky as the bus just got pulled in....Phil gave me the heads up

And apparently Phil is a thief who steals invisible turn signals. My blood pressure went through the roof when Bryce called me saying they thought I took some turn signals.

type901
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Hey Sticky Fingers Phil, you by any chance remember if the split had a rear shift rod???
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

fluxcap wrote:Hey Sticky Fingers Phil, you by any chance remember if the split had a rear shift rod???

I slid it under my shirt! I think it was there honestly, but you might better not say I sent you. Or tell them after you pay.

type901
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm

type901 wrote:
fluxcap wrote:Hey Sticky Fingers Phil, you by any chance remember if the split had a rear shift rod???

I slid it under my shirt! I think it was there honestly, but you might better not say I sent you. Or tell them after you pay.
Lol sounds like Phil has a nick name "Sticky"
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 pm

ok, I may try to get over that way if it ever drys up enough. I'd hate to be under the bus trying to wrestle that front couple apart in the mud.

I've got some worthless junk turn signals, I'll sneak them in with me and ask the guy on the way out how much they are and see if he gets a "hmmmmm....." look on his face. Laughing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:21 pm

lol yal crazy. ive never seen a vw in the junk yards i go to especially a bus . but ill keep looking.
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ggaagg57 Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Got 1835 short block together today built two heads and got dual 44 Weber's too.
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

bayboy87 wrote:lol yal crazy. ive never seen a vw in the junk yards i go to especially a bus . but ill keep looking.

Macon junk yards are worthless. Gotta go north where people care about old cars.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

You know those jobs that you think are going to be a pain in the ass, that you keep putting off- Well,my shifter has always felt like a stick in the mud- so I figured that a new coupler and shift rod bushing were up for replacement. I figured they were going to be a pain on my Squareback, since you have to get to it from the bottom of the car instead of under the back seat like in a Beetle. Tonight, I slid under there to remove the cover plate, and started moving the coupler- the little square head bolt had backed out, it just needed the safety wire removed, tighten, then put on some new safety wire- damn!! Wish I had messed with it sooner
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Don't you just love it when it ends up being something a simple as that. Enjoy it, because they are few and far between.........(atleast that has been my experience Wink )
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Changed the oil in Heidi for the first time this weekend. Went to change oil, screen and all the gaskets only to be thwarted by one nut that wouldn't come off on the cover plate!!! Grrrrrrr.... Evil or Very Mad only something as simple as an oil change would go so easy for me!!! Oh well. She has new oil for now.
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm

DiggerD wrote:Don't you just love it when it ends up being something a simple as that. Enjoy it, because they are few and far between.........(atleast that has been my experience Wink )

Don't I know that! Very Happy
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next