Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+85
wagtag
Johnny
ryneb21
panic_fan
vdubyou709
sdmjam
wdstang
R33ce97
jotty
shaky
57RTOval
Slim4life
runabout199
ultralite
Knumb Knucks
jtcap
56rag
jim conner
limabean79
macollins105
ridikas
reprobate3
Brooks424
Murdock00
Major62
damon23
vwtattooed
Damn-it Don
60andslow
Attack chicken
aircooledaddicts
ibjamn
johnvalkennedy
laith
DubDawg2579
bulldawgdude
vdubbers
uBER_SLO
vw57drvr
Bugman114
Muffler Bearing
hly3rd
67vdub
RomanBug
Gabass
720boy
cjvan71
DiggerD
jshmnghm
bayboy87
MRJEL
Hobug
tronview
type4revolution
bumblebuggy
68beetlebug
ggaagg57
guytonbug
Hookdriver
rican11
Heinz57
yayarudy
jerryg66
ASBug
callahan
drvr8
earlyvwfanatic
PeeWeeMan91
bakertim2
pwmcguire
Laz
peregrine67
fried_chicken
Grifspop
sploval53
BKiller
DOODLE BUGG
redneck_davis
zabo
Jon65
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
rpm750
ping349n
fluxcap
type901
89 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

pwmcguire wrote:I think it will have a good life. It is going to be towed behind an rv for their vacations. I'm happy to see it go.

That would be an excellent car for a RV person- light weight to tow, and a fun little ride once you got the RV set up and hooked up
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by type4revolution Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Vw thing or bay window tin top. just incase rv breaks down you have room for the dog and kids my friend has a big rv and wish he didn't have the bug for a pull around once rv/was broke
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Went and got the westy registered and insured with YOM tag. Probably several months early but wanted to get it over and done with. Been since 82 since it was tagged.

type901
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Good idea people down at that office can and will be difficult at times
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 pm

I moved Scooter into the garage and got temporary seating and one wheel sandblasted and painted and a tire installed.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Img_0110

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Img_0111

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Img_0113

pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ggaagg57 Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm

hung the bumpers on ghia removed and replace headlight bucket ran it a little and tire type 1 head light rings

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Wp_00010
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ggaagg57 Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:58 pm

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Wp_00011
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by ggaagg57 Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Wp_00012
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Drove my beetle to work and had some a- hole back into the right rear fender and drive off. Oh and the reason I dove it to work is because I was in a four car wreck the night before and there is a good chance my Scion is totaled. People who can't drive should not be allowed on the roads. Mad
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

tronview wrote:Drove my beetle to work and had some a- hole back into the right rear fender and drive off. Oh and the reason I dove it to work is because I was in a four car wreck the night before and there is a good chance my Scion is totaled. People who can't drive should not be allowed on the roads. Mad

Damn, that sux on both accounts.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 am

Hobug wrote:
tronview wrote:Drove my beetle to work and had some a- hole back into the right rear fender and drive off. Oh and the reason I dove it to work is because I was in a four car wreck the night before and there is a good chance my Scion is totaled. People who can't drive should not be allowed on the roads. Mad

Agreed. Sorry to hear about that.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 am

Agreed!

http://lagrangenews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Updated-+Alcohol+may+be+a+factor+in+head-on+crash+that+killed+5+Friday+night%20&id=21671008&instance=top_stories

Happened about two miles from my house, same road. The wife and I had just passed by the spot in the Thing heading to dinner.

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:10 am

Hobug wrote:

Yeah- I can't believe the driver didn't stop and see who owned the Beetle that they hit
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

tronview wrote:People who can't drive should not be allowed on the roads. Mad

Tell me about it. Evil or Very Mad
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Damn sorry to hear that james, Just the fender damaged?

just threw one of these in.. . after converting to a roller a few months ago I wanted something a bit sturdier - really nice piece..

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 4620774
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

zabo wrote:Damn sorry to hear that james, Just the fender damaged?

just threw one of these in.. . after converting to a roller a few months ago I wanted something a bit sturdier - really nice piece..

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 4620774

I've seen those on the Samba, and wondered if it worked a lot better than a regular roller pedal- are you using a cruiser pedal in front of it?
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:58 am

After not working for about 10 years, my odometer and trip meter magically started working yesterday. Funny. Too bad it is still in Kilometers.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am

Grifspop wrote:

I've seen those on the Samba, and wondered if it worked a lot better than a regular roller pedal- are you using a cruiser pedal in front of it?

Im not using the cruiser pedal - but after testing it out yesterday i would recommend it, feels like a real car pedal now
Not to sound like the dudes commercial but it really does eliminate any sideways movement and the accel cable doesn't have to bend as much coming out of the tunnel wich makes it feel a lot smoother.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 pm

zabo wrote:
Grifspop wrote:

Im not using the cruiser pedal - but after testing it out yesterday i would recommend it, feels like a real car pedal now
Not to sound like the dudes commercial but it really does eliminate any sideways movement and the accel cable doesn't have to bend as much coming out of the tunnel wich makes it feel a lot smoother.

My '57 came with 2 options, one was the cruiser pedal- when I tell people that the gas pedal was an option in '57, they give me the strangest look- also, the gas gauge was an option too- I've never added one so I have to rely on the reserve tap
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Got a couple coats of epoxy and hi build on the bus. Glad to be at the blocking stage on this thing.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 2013-010
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 2013-011
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Front_10

type901
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Nice. U shoot shopline on it
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeah got tired of buying DP. Followed it with Slicksand.

type901
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

slick sand is some bad stuff and it will set up in the cup
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

That's awesome man. such a huge change from when you got it.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:slick sand is some bad stuff and it will set up in the cup
I only mix a quart at a time due to that. As much as it took to cover it there was no shelf time as I was spraying the entire time.

type901
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next