Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally here!!!

+3
bakertim2
pwmcguire
ping349n
7 posters

Go down

Finally here!!! Empty Finally here!!!

Post by ping349n Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

I can now officially say that I am a true Georgia Dub!!! We finally moved into the house here in Senoia and are getting settled in. This is the first chance that I have had to check in and let you all know. Things have been a little nuts around here. In the middle of moving, I had to fly to Houston for an interview for my dream job that I consequently landed and start this Monday. I am stocked to say the least. Also, the wife is finally being able to live out her dream by opening up her own law office here in Senoia. Things are going well for the Boudreauxs! Also, finally have an indoor storage place for Heidi to stay and she is happy!

Before we moved, Heidi decided to leak ALL od her brake fluid out of the reservoir! scratch She still has good brakes, but noting left in the res. I am pretty sure it is the fitting that leads into the master, but have not had time to check it out. Also, before I left, the oil light has started to flicker on and off. Mad My main dilemma is that she is currently registered in Alabama and according to the DMV, I am supposed to get her to the courthouse within 30 days or could be subject to a penalty. With the new job and everything else, it doesn't look like I will be able to get to it very quickly. Anyone out there know how stringent they are on that policy?

Now that we are finally here, I am looking forward to getting together with yall and getting active. After my initial training, I will be working from home quite a bit so if any of yall are down in this area, come by and say hi!

Heidi's New Home
Finally here!!! FBBDF6DA-6B2D-4C68-92D4-EB3E6C462F59-1428-000002FE92FDC553
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Finally here!!! Empty Re: Finally here!!!

Post by pwmcguire Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Welcome home, I too have adopted Georgia as my new home, but it has been 15 years ago that I moved here? I'll finally get to see you around.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Congrats. Glad you finally did it.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am

Don't worry bout them giving u hell at the DMV
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:35 am

Heidi looks comfortable in her new home. Welcome!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:03 am

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat the DMV penalty too much. When I bought my bus, I was "required" to do the title transfer within 30 (or maybe it was 60?) days. Well I didn't get it registered and titled until it was driveable which was WAY over that limit. I was prepared to pay the fee, which I think was only $25, but the lady at the counter just charged the title transfer fee. I asked her about the late penalty, just cause I wanted to make sure I had everything taken care of, and she just said, "oh yeah, I waived that for you". So I guess it may just depend on who you get at the tag office and how their day is going so far Laughing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 am

So what's this dream job you landed?

Brandon
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:20 am

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a few weeks. Things have been a little crazy. Things are finally starting to settle down and I am ready to get back to getting Heidi crusin again!

Got her registered and insured without any problems!!! I didnt even have to take her up there to be inspected! Since I registered it in my name in Alabama before I left, they didn't have to do a vin verification because the chain of custody was in tacked! WHEW!! All I have left to do is go back and change it to the year of make tag that I got.

Next, I need to head down to Moon's and pick up a few parts to get her back in good shape. Going to try and get some of that done this week or next.

BK - I have been in industrial sales for about the last 10 years. All of that has been in the supply side. Well, one of the suppliers called me right before we moved and wanted to interview me for a new regional manager position that they opened up. I am now the southeast regional manager for AIV (we are an industrial valve master distributor). Basically, I travel the southeast and sell to some of the supply houses that I used to work for. It is very fun and I get to entertain a lot (playing golf, lunch, dinner ect.). We have worked out my travel schedule so that I am home a week and travel a week, home a week, travel a week. And the pay is very nice too. Once we get on our feet here and the wife gets her practice going, I will be able to dedicate a little more of the budget to Heidi and get some of her issues fixed.

Thanks again for the warm welcom guys!
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Come on by we would be glad to help out. ready to see her back on the rd
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down