Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the rescue

3 posters

Go down

To the rescue Empty To the rescue

Post by bakertim2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 am

Yesterday, I drove to Albany to pick up my latest addition. It is a 64 shell of a Beetle. Rusted and banged up, but, doable. On the way back I noticed the car in tow was pulling funny. I watched it for several miles up I85 with it's side to side oscillation and finally decided to pull over and see what was the cause of this weird rocking it was doing. Low and behold, I had experienced a blow out of the right rear tire. I had gotten a couple of tires, lug wrench and jack. and an air tank from the shop and had loaded these items in the back of my truck. My dad was riding with me to pick the car up, so, he suggested we drive his truck (which is a diesel) to save some fuel expense. Well, as I agreed, I transferred the previously loaded emergency items from my truck to his. As we're pulled over on the side of I85, I proceed to grab one spare tire and the jack from the bed of my dad's truck and there is the spare and the air tank, but no jack and lug wrench. fortunately there was a jack and lug wrench for the truck. I proceed to jack the back of the bug up and what to my surprise, the lug wrench doesn't fit. What to do? Being not too far from Newnan, I grabbed my phone and dialed Eric Moody (aka Fluxcap) and without hesitation hopped in his car and drove out to my rescue. All this long drawn out story to say, I love this VW family of Georgia Dubbers.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

To the rescue Empty Re: To the rescue

Post by fluxcap Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

Ah, it was nothing. Would have been there quicker, but there was a road being dug up I had to detour around, and then the kids out and about around downtown slowed up traffic too. Good luck with the project car!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

To the rescue Empty Re: To the rescue

Post by zabo Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 am

flower way to go eric! flower
zabo
zabo
Dub God