Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen

+4
VW12step
Bugman114
Hobug
Grifspop
8 posters

Go down

Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen Empty Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen

Post by Grifspop Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Stumbled across this Rip-Off guy's work on the Samba, this poor woman was quoted $5K for a Beetle restoration, paid over $9K and got totally ripped off by this guy:

http://www.metwiz.com/joansbug.htm

http://www.metwiz.com/joansbug2.htm

Youtube video of the rip-off guy on the local news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y

Looks like this guy has ripped off his fair share of people, but you can't help but feel bad for the woman who was restoring her first Beetle with this guy

The bondo on this car was 3/4" thick !!!

Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen Empty Re: Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen

Post by Grifspop Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 pm

He's got a 19 page thread on the Samba where he's ripped people off:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96792&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen Empty Re: Restoration Pictures of the Crappiest Work I've ever seen

Post by Hobug Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 pm

That S.O.B. has been ripping off unsuspecting people for years and somehow can't be stopped.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:59 am

I just read that entire thread. Thats some crazy shit. He's running a friggin CHOP SHOP. If he came to my house and stole my car like AJ's, he'd never rip anyone off ever again.

Thats one guy who needs a good ass woopin. Evil or Very Mad
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:09 am

I can't believe someone hasn't broken both his legs yet, it's just a matter of time until he crosses the wrong person and they exact their own form of justice on him
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:39 am

Too bad she's not closer to Atlanta. We could do a multi-club resto project and get some good press for the nice guys...not the assholes...
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 am

VW12step wrote:We could do a multi-club resto project and get some good press for the nice guys...
brilliant idea.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 am

Wow, that would be awsome.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 am

VW12step wrote:Too bad she's not closer to Atlanta. We could do a multi-club resto project and get some good press for the nice guys...not the assholes...

Yeah, the only thing is we'd have to "un-do" all the previous work
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 am

That's why I'm a DIY person!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:03 pm

rpm750 wrote:That's why I'm a DIY person!

X2. So many people have been screwed by this jerkoff. Its really sad. How he's managed to not get beaten half to death is beyond me Evil or Very Mad
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56rag Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:40 pm

By the looks, metalwiz has started stripping the car. I would have taken it to CYW in Oct. with receipts, and all the papers to get the word out about that Mario guy. What a hack!
56rag
56rag
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 am

The samba link on metwiz's page for the thread about the car is dead (think it was removed), but I read it a long time ago and I think they did take it to a show or two before it was repaired correctly with a sign that talked about the ordeal. I believe the car has been finished now for a while.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down