Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple HP gain

+8
camch
goatfarmer67
fluxcap
Grifspop
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Bugman114
buggin70
PeeWeeMan91
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Simple HP gain - Page 3 Empty Re: Simple HP gain

Post by DOODLE BUGG Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 am

im with you all i run is 93 it makes a diferance you can tell when you tear a motor down cause 93 dosnt build up with carbon as bad an yes you can tell a diferance go gwt some 100 or 110 and put it in a motor with some mods you will feel it an it smells good to a progressive is the most efishent rout on a 1600 or dual 34 just dont get no crapy empi carbs price looks good but you will hate them
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 am

camch wrote:if you will read his title it says SIMPLE HP GAINS and as you even stated it will gain hp,,,and what more simple gain can you do beside filling up with gas at a higher octane? answer nothing,,i have 2 running type 1 cars and a type 3 and i would not use anything except 91

lol, well, ya got me there Laughing .
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am

Not to steer this thread away from it's topic but over on the samba someone said that higher octane fuel will make the engine run hotter. I was thinking right the opposite. Seems odd but the higher fuel fire produces more power with less heat.

Here is the reply to my post about my car running hotter....
SkrapMetal wrote:
rpm750 wrote:.One of the things I didn't mention was that I'm running Premium fuel, 93 octane.

That could contribute to higher head temps. High octane is harder to ignite. You always want to run the lowest octane possible without pinging because this makes the most power. I've run 87 in my 1600dp for years and even in my 1914 with 8.5 compression. Unless you have a race engine, 87 is all you'll ever need.

At that time my car was running very warm on relatively cool days, 75-80 deg, oil temp was around 210 deg. Well I took the heater boxes off and that seemed to be the problem. I'm running the same setup this year with the boxes and no problems even with these 90+ temps.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 am

well, i've never heard of premium causing temps to be higher. He's right, in that higher octane is harder to ignite. thats the whole point of higher octane. for example, running E85 will lower your temps, and E85 has an octane rating of over 100 AKI. the only thing i can think of that would cause your car to run hotter with premium, is that your probrobly running a lower CR (perhaps the stock 7.5:1), and since premium is harder to ignite, the gas wasn't burning as well as it should, so you loose a bit of power, and if you happen to be running too rich, that would compound the problem, so your motor in turn would have to work alot harder to maintain speed while driving, and could very well have caused your overheating.

In a higher CR motor, if you use 87AKI octane it burns to quickly, and will predetonate. thus you need a higher octane gas to resist predetonating, thus allowing you to run that higher CR. I've run 87 octane in all of my cars for years, and have never had any issues, or carbon build up on any of my motor, because i've never upped the CR on any of my motors. even on my 74 super. i tore it down to do a top end rebuild, and the heads looked great.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Ok tooo much detail. I'm going to get tires fron stockornaut Friday
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:02 pm

PeeWeeMan91 wrote:Ok tooo much detail. I'm going to get tires fron stockornaut Friday

lol! its good to be thorough lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm

PeeWeeMan91 wrote:Ok tooo much detail. I'm going to get tires fron stockornaut Friday
One must learn to crawl... (or roll) before one can run.
I like the idea of getting it to roll safely 1st!
Keep us informed on what you do.
I have to build another engine soon.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 pm

lol, true. git some tires on that thang, and get her rollin Cool
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Going fast is an option but stopping is imperative. No matter hot hopped up you get the engine, make sure that the brakes are in tip top shape.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3