Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 am

hahaha. not that many, just 8, lol. the only other one i could use is my 74. but it needs a lot of work as well. but if i can't figure out whats wrong with the 72, then i will be pretty much forced to, as the heads on the motor of the 74 are loosening up.

but i think i might have narrowed it down to a few possibilities on what it could be. i'll post up what i find. Very Happy
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah, just kidding, hope its something simple that you overlooked
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by smash Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Got a new relay for the headlight switch. Seems the old one has needed replacing for a long time, but whoever was working on it didn't want to spend the $45 for a new one and just kept tightening it and tightening it trying to get a good connection.
smash
smash
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

turns out it was just a disconnected wire at the fusebox. got it running, and it runs great. got a little warm, but i still haven't gotten all the tins in place. i'll prolly do all that tomorrow, and also get my road side kit together, as well as lots of oil, and a big cooler, and maybe even some tunes Twisted Evil bug a pulluza is gonna rock
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadetreeSHOguy Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I ripped out the carpet in the back of the van to scrub and spray it. The previous owner had to have had dogs. It smells terrible!!
ShadetreeSHOguy
ShadetreeSHOguy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 pm

washed the CADDY

washed Java

got the tires mounted on Jade and Java's spares
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smash Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am

Got my speedometer working - had to replace the grease cap and the e-clip on the cable. Also got a new rear bumper put on! I got the bumper for free! It was great!
smash
smash
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 am

Pretty eventful day. Got the running boards on. All the glass installed only to have the windshield (the New Windshield ) crack with only 1 stinking inch to go. If Herrell's got another one Im going tomorrow to get another one. If they dont have one then its coming to the show with a crack in the windshield. Had trouble with mounting the drivers door. Finally got it on.

Coming down to the wire. Tomorrow install rear bumper, new windshield again I hope, clean up the interior, install the hood crest and finish the dash.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Drove the 72 some more, lol. Still gotta install te rest of the tin, and oil change, and a few more things, and i should be ready for BAP tomorrow. YEAH!!!!!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by drewBAKER Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:12 pm

bertha is almost done. just a few odds and ends left. hopefully we can get her cranked today and i can drive it around the neighborhood. excited! Very Happy
drewBAKER
drewBAKER
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vw57drvr Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Got the 36 horse out and the new dual port in and drove her on into work.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 668055What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 668054
vw57drvr
vw57drvr
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 pm

vw57drvr wrote:Got the 36 horse out and the new dual port in and drove her on into work.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 668055What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 11 668054

Dude I love that car man. You make me want to get a vert. What year is it
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Weren't you looking for a 36 horse? got tired of the lack of power? lol. i have a 36 horse at home i've been wanting to get running. I'd love to either get a judson supercharger for it, or maybe an okarassa kit, if only either one wasn't so damn expensive to do, lol. gotta love the old speed stuff Cool . hmmmm. i like the sound of turbo 36 horse Twisted Evil

in fact, i've also wanted to build a 40 horse. i got a lead on a NOS set of 83mm slip ins for it. Twisted Evil
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by vw57drvr Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Well, I have two cars that should have a 36er, but I only have one engine. Thats why I was looking for one. I want to have it for the car. I Change my mind a lot when it comes to engines. The 36 that I had is such a smooth reliable engine, but its time to take her down for a freshening, and it actually belongs to my oval. And yes, sometimes when Im on the interstate heading to a show, I want to keep up with traffic. lol

Oh, and Havoc, my vert is a 60. You should get the two verts I posted in the heads up section. Lot of work, but pretty rare verts.
vw57drvr
vw57drvr
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm

An okrasa kit brings the HP of a 36 horse to 57hp. about the same as a stock 1600. if you wanted to keep the origional 36hp motor, then that would be the way to go, especially if you got the $$, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by vw57drvr Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Unfortunately, Dont have the money. They are tempting, especially now that Wolfsburg West has a nice reproduction of the kit. But I agree. I LOVE old speed. Ive looked for a Judson also, but finding one that doesnt need rebuilt that I can afford is another story.
vw57drvr
vw57drvr
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

i know there is one company that makes reprodution judson rotors, vanes, etc. but again, VERY EXPENSIVE. and yes the WW kit looks amazing, you don't have to worry about rebuilding or restoring old vintage parts, but also very expensive. would be pretty cool tho. i wonder if anyone has ever put a judson supercharger on an okrasa motor? sounds pretty crazy. nothing screams "Old skool" more then a mason jar oiler, and judson magneto Twisted Evil Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Dear Autozone.com
Please cancel my order completely. Thank you for waiting a full week before telling me that the fuel injectors I ordered are no longer available from your vendor. No, I do not want to buy the one you have left in stock. Since I need to find three more somewhere else anyway I will just order all four from them. Perhaps they will have better customer service.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Messed around with timing settings for about 4 hours today. I really wish my rebuilt carb and distributor would get here!!! I'm tired of having to fiddle with my timing everyday to adjust for how my leaky carb is feeling at that particular moment.

It was running super hot today, but I think I finally got the timing set to account for the lean condition of the crappy carb.

To end the day, I loaded the car with the weekends camping supplies! I get more and more efficient each time I pack it!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 pm

got the Havoc home and gave him a good bath, then i start packing for this trip.but now i got to fine a drill to finish this damm eat.got the engine back in the MAD MANX NOW JUST PUTTING ON SOME FINAL STUFF
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Bent up the replacement brake lines coming out of the master cylinder on the '67. I thought it was going to be a real pain in the ass, but it was easier than I figured. Also, the car hasn't hit the street yet, but I have someone ready to buy it when it does.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Cleaned up the bus and packed for BAP... Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ibjamn Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:40 am

Grifspop wrote:Bent up the replacement brake lines coming out of the master cylinder on the '67. I thought it was going to be a real pain in the ass, but it was easier than I figured. Also, the car hasn't hit the street yet, but I have someone ready to buy it when it does.

Could I check out a few things for reference before you do sell it? pretty please...? Laughing

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 am

Installed the tail lights and did a little rewiring on the brake lights. Installed rear bumper and installed another new windshield. Some cleaning of the interior and exterior and I think we are ready to go.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next