Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ASBug Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 pm

daltondragger73 wrote:I changed out the wheel cylinder and the adjustment gears on the left side of the rear (where im having the big problems) drove it on the highway Good got 5 min from the house and locked up again!!! scratch so now I think Im gonna try to change the master cylinder, maybe that will work???? IDK
how old are the rubber lines?
They shrink on the inside and close up.
KC Very Happy
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fluxcap Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Drove it home from the body/paint shop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The repairs and paint came out great! I'll get the trim back on and door back together in a day or two and get some pics. Now I need to get on the phone with the classic car insurers and compare rates.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 pm

fluxcap wrote: Now I need to get on the phone with the classic car insurers and compare rates.
Full value rate, vintage vehicle coverage from State Farm, $102 a year. The replacement value is not "fair market" value, it's actual value. 8 grand on the bug and 22 on the bus.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 pm

fluxcap wrote:Drove it home from the body/paint shop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The repairs and paint came out great! I'll get the trim back on and door back together in a day or two and get some pics. Now I need to get on the phone with the classic car insurers and compare rates.

Glad you're happy with it. cheers
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
fluxcap wrote: Now I need to get on the phone with the classic car insurers and compare rates.
Full value rate, vintage vehicle coverage from State Farm, $102 a year. The replacement value is not "fair market" value, it's actual value. 8 grand on the bug and 22 on the bus.

Thanks for the info Scott. I have state farm for all my cars now, but they talked like it was a big pain to get vintage collectors insurance. I'll try again with them and keep them on my list.

Yeah Glenn, I can see absolutely 0 difference in the paint colors. I think he was just messin with my head. drunken
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm

fluxcap wrote:

Yeah Glenn, I can see absolutely 0 difference in the paint colors. I think he was just messin with my head. drunken

Ok, I gotta take this back. Went out to the garage to do a little work and noticed there is a slight variation in the shade that shows under artificial light, but under sunlight, it looks spot on. Still gotta get the door back together, but here are a couple of pics.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 CIMG4302

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 CIMG4304
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Yeah, Back on the road!!!! Looks good, need to drop that rear side!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 am

rpm750 wrote:Yeah, Back on the road!!!! Looks good, need to drop that rear side!

Definitely. I like the rake, but the fender/tire gap in the rear is just to much. I plan to go down 1 spline when I get a free weekend.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Today!

Post by BKiller Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Today I learned a lesson on making sure your wheel studs are in tight before driving your car. affraid
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:03 pm

My waterbug has A/C now after having custom hoses made up...a new dryer...a new expansion valve...a remanned compressor.

40 degrees at the vent with the doors wide open. Cool

I have an electrical gremlin in that the battery will not hold more than a surface charge. I removed the alternator and took it out to be checked. It checked out excellent. So I need to buy a new battery.

I have the best wife in the world. She over heard me talking about how hot it's been working in my shop so she hunted down a decent deal on an A/C unit at Home Depot with twelve month interest free financing.

We went out to dinner and to buy it. When we got there the guy was just putting out a new, but floor display, unit from last year. A 24,500 BTU window unit that was missing the remote control. It retailed for $499.00 marked down to $399.00 then $299.00 then $250.00. I offered $200.00 and his boss OK'd the deal. It has a five year in home warranty. Then when I went to check out the clerk asked if I was formerly in the military. I answered yes and they gave me another $20.00 off for being a veteran. The unit is much bigger BTU wise than I had intended to buy but for $180.00 plus $12.60 tax I couldn't refuse. I have to wire up a 220 line to it but I should have it up and running this time tomorrow.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 am

Cleaned inside of buggy tub. Took the bus down to get new tires. Installed potective trim strip around the buggy fenders. Then started prepping to roll bedliner on the inside tub of the buggy. Was cutting something with a razor knife when it broke and tried to take my thumb off. Fast to forward thirty minutes later and I'm at the doctor with my thumb wraped in paper towels so the blood doesn't leak all over the place. Cut was deep but doc said I don't need stitches. Head home with wrapped up thumb and fresh tetnus shot. Finish prepping the buggy for bed liner. Thumb starts leaking again but luckily on protective paper and not fresh paint. Wrap thumb in heavy dudty gauze and band aids. Paint on bedliner and call it a day.

Thumb or no thumb...I'm going to finish this car! Twisted Evil
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:46 am

bumblebuggy wrote: Thumb or no thumb...I'm going to finish this car! Twisted Evil

And thats why they call it an addiction Wink ............ lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 am

I guess, "Be careful when using sharp things.", is a good rule of thumb.

(Glad your thumb is ok, somebody had to make the bad pun!)
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 am

Bugman114 wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote: Thumb or no thumb...I'm going to finish this car! Twisted Evil

And thats why they call it an addiction Wink ............ lol!

Paul Timberman's vw workshop Laughing

59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaeger Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:58 am

Dropped 4th gear last sat. had a buddy come by lastnight and this is the results of no sleep and lots of coffee
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 L_b07c1e2a84ec4b2a96fb42ce442bccbe

Looks like I have alot of cleaning up to do in the next few weeks... affraid
Yaeger
Yaeger
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Washed and vacuumed the Jetta yesterday.

Left my lights on in the bug this morning and killed the battery. Jumped it off when I got back to the shop and realized the battery was dead.

Ordered most of my parts for the disc brakes for the bus. Only $170 so far and that includes the calipers, pads, bearings, and rotors.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Installed sound dampening material and carpeting. It's carpet from Home Depot, I can't find anymore and I need another roll for the trunk and to finish the inside. I have enough to do the drivers side. I'll do that when my knees are better!!! Crying or Very sad

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Carpetinstall001
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Carpetinstall002
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Carpetinstall003
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Carpetinstall004

I'm hoping that it will be whisper quiet!

Sound dampening material is Quick Roof from Home depot, it works really nice and will stick to anything!!!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:20 am

Super clean job Bob it looks way better than most. Next time buy some knee pads if you have to spend anytime at all on all fours. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 am

Looks good Bob!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks guys, my knees are ok it's my back! Finished the drivers side and went ahead and did the humps in the package tray area. This started as a temp carpet job but it looks so good to me that I think it will be permanent! I took it out for a spin and it's not as quiet as I thought it would be but it's an improvement anyways!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Looks good Bob. Cool
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Stopped by The Georgia Guide Stones on the way home from South Carolina.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Dsc_1653_std

http://www.burelphotography.com/volkswagen/guidestones/index.htm
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:28 pm

What Joe and I worked on over the 4th week-end.....

I'd say this bay is full.....

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 100_0179[/img]

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 100_0180[/img]
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:53 pm

sold the 56 rag... Crying or Very sad
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 pm

59 Euro Rag wrote:sold the 56 rag... Crying or Very sad

Wha???? Shocked
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next