Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

steering and alignment

2 posters

Go down

steering and alignment Empty steering and alignment

Post by goatfarmer67 Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:59 pm

my 74 standard bug seems to have a detent when the steering is centered.it isnt very tight,but you can
tell it is there.i've never driven another bug,so i dont know if it is normal.and it seems to be aligned
well enough to be in that area when traveling in a staight(ish) line.but i have replaced ball joints,tie rod ends,
lowered the rear end and put drop spindles on the front.so i wonder if i should have the alignment checked.
i asked one local place for a price,they talked about how hard a bug was to do.worse than a corvette,blah,blah.
it would cost about $130.does anyone know a good place with reasonable rates on the southside? and any comments
about the detent feeling in the center?
thanks

goatfarmer67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

steering and alignment Empty Re: steering and alignment

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:14 pm

check dougs auto in griffin. Front end alignment on a bug is 50 bucks. Dougs is on the corner of 16 and ....? it is near the dairy queen by tire mart and the lumber yard. Good guys there and they are usually really busy. Early in the morning during the week is the best time to get things done there
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by goatfarmer67 Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 pm

thanks bryce.i know doug thornton.aint been over there in a while.kinda forgot about him.
i ask him about it next week.

goatfarmer67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down