Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UH OH what to do????

3 posters

Go down

UH OH what to do???? Empty UH OH what to do????

Post by daltondragger73 Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

I just been thinking of the way things are going in the trucking buisness scratch and A good freind called me who lives in florida, and he offerd me a job in the roofing buisness, signing insurance claims, and he said the money is real good, I know because hes driving around in a $130,000 ford dully (thats with all the extras he put in it) he wants to bring me down put me up in a 3bedroom condo and teach me the ropes, Id be moving back to my home town, and be able to see my family alot more than what I do now. I guess Its a chance to take.. I could get another part time job untill things in the roofing buisnness get better... I guess what im saying is what would you do in this situation

Trucking= not home alot at all, and not really alot of money
roofing=good potential for making money, (this freind would not steer me wrong) and also be home alot more to be with my son and family

Ive looked into clubs in florida still waiting on responses in the area.... Im torn trucking Ive been doing for 4 years and its not as great as I thought it would be expecially with a wife and kid, I guess you could say it looks like Ive made a dicission, but its the question should i make such a big move scratch Im so TORN
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

UH OH what to do???? Empty Re: UH OH what to do????

Post by Bugman114 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:32 pm

well, first i would take into considerations that no job is 100% secure. so based on that you would have to decide which job you think is more secure. it would be much better to have a relatively secure job that doesn't pay alot, then to have an unsecure job that does pay alot IMHO.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:08 pm

I say family is worth more than anything else so..... If you aren't happy doing what you are doing now why not take the chance on the other job because you will be gaining lots of time with the family and you may find that you enjoy it more than driving. Go for it as long as the wife is up for it!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

OH the wife is up for it thats for sure!! when I told her about the Idea she said yes b4 I could even finish the pitch to her, all our family is down there so to her its a thing that she has been wanting to do for awhile she just knew for me being in the truck we needed to be in a more central location (Georgia) BUT...... still not even sure if Its going to happen have to wait on details from Florida
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum