Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear speaker shelf

2 posters

Go down

Rear speaker shelf Empty Rear speaker shelf

Post by mrfeather Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Wanted to know if anyone has put this style speaker tray in a oval and if so would you have a a pic of it in the car.
Rear speaker shelf Images12
mrfeather
mrfeather
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Rear speaker shelf Empty Re: Rear speaker shelf

Post by SavannahVW Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 pm

I put one in my 56 Ragtop. Don't have a picture. It has two speakers in it too.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfeather Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 pm

How dose it fit under the window
mrfeather
mrfeather
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

I didn't want to drill any holes or install hangers in my body so I built a three point frame underneath out of 1" metal strips I bought at home depot. Metal strips have holes about 1" apart throughout. I measured the shelf to fit just below the rear window. The front of the shelf rests just on top of the rear seat back. I ran a single metal frame at the rear center down to luggage self on top of the carpet. I attached the metal strips to the bottom of the self with small wood screws to not go through the vinyl. One metal strip runs down the rear center. Two metal strips are attached at the front equal distances apart. They extend down to the luggage tray too. Then I bent all the strips so I could bolt them together toward the rear with one small bolt. Cut off all the excess for clean fit
I painted all of it black once I had it fit. I put quick disconnects on my speaker wires so I can take the tray out if needed. Also installed a small subwoofer underneath and I keep my tools/jack/extra oil underneath. I could take some pictures and send it to your email address if you want. It's just a big hassle attaching pictures to this site. I think I had about $10-$15 in parts/paint. My email: markjohnson5@comcast.net
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down