Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newb cutting more teeth......

2 posters

Go down

Newb cutting more teeth...... Empty Newb cutting more teeth......

Post by swelchy Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:00 am

I finally got around to trying to learn how to do my own valves. This past week while I had time, I am proud to say I did the job effectively and correctly. Cleaned my valve covers up inside & out. Used a tiny bit of brushable gasket tack on valve cover side of gasket. No RTV of course. I am glad I finally got the courage to do it because I had three valves that were way too tight. Got her all buttoned back up and checked the timing after she warmed up with a strobe.... Viola.... I swear it runs so much smoother now. I'm doing this every other oil change for sure.... it's too easy not too. I was scared I would screw sumthin' up and not be able to drive until I had a coach of some sorts.... This is my Daily Driver.
I've been piecing together parts to build another motor. I do have a bottom end already put together and I'm working on the heads now for a 1776......
swelchy
swelchy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Newb cutting more teeth...... Empty Re: Newb cutting more teeth......

Post by vw57drvr Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 am

You would be amazed how many people dont understand how to adjust their valves. Adjusting them on a routine basis allows your engine to tell you if it needs more attention.
vw57drvr
vw57drvr
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down