Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA

+17
type901
67vdub
sploval53
Muffler Bearing
ghostwagen65
Jon65
drvr8
ping349n
BKiller
johnvalkennedy
bumblebuggy
ASBug
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
MRJEL
fluxcap
Knumb Knucks
dlandvw3
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 am

Mary davenport is supposed to be handing out flyers for us, and another lady called and said she was going to also. I may drive up for it too, we'll see. I drove up to look at the school and its a great parking lot for it, it'll hold two hundred cars easily. Family is getting excited about it.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA

Post by fluxcap Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 am

That's great! Looking forward to it.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:22 am

I'll be there.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvalkennedy Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:11 pm

If one is not able to attend, is there anyway to donate to this worthwhile event? Can I send a check to an organization?
johnvalkennedy
johnvalkennedy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Sure you can. If you want to donate you can send it to us through PayPal or mail it and we'll include it in with our final donation to the family. I'll message you details
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I'll see what I can do to get some cool giveaway product from work for this.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

That would be awesome, we are gonna sell raffle tickets that day and just hand out prizes through the day. If you will, let me know what you can get, anything would be great, and since this was all made possible by everyone here if you get a cool prize and decide you want to do something special with it like give it to the family, or award it to your favorite car, etc instead of having it in the raffle just speak up, we love ideas.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Taylor is working on door prize bags to give to cars as they register, if anyone has a business that wants to put pens/notepads, etc in them for advertising let me know, and when you say cool product from work, if its a bunch of small freebies door prize bags could use them
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Gave Eric (fluxcap) the gc's from crystals office. Wish I could make it next week but glad we could give something to help out!
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by drvr8 Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Sorry I won't be able to be in this one... thanks to Bugs 4 Christ for all they are doing! It's good to know there are Christians out there that still walk the walk and not just talk the talk!!!
drvr8
drvr8
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, we're less than a week away. We just got a call from the Newnan Times Herald and they will be out covering the show Saturday. Also talked to the family again, and the youngest, Taylor had another small setback with some CSF Fluid Leakage, had another surgery, but is home again, and they all should be there.

I also just got off the phone with Clyde from Athens and he's going to be setting up that day, so if you have anything, need anything, are expecting anything from Clyde, he'll be there!!!

I know this is a one time only show, with a great cause, and I really hope everyone can come. The VW Community doesn't get too many opportunities to really step up and show we care in a way like this, so what a great chance we all have to do it!!

I'm really looking forward to this outpouring of love!
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I think I'm pretty much set for this one. Just got to clean up the car later this week. Looking forward to it.Smile

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Super Cruise-In/Car Show/Rally to benefit the 3 teens seriously injured, rear ended while in a 66 Beetle. October 19th, Smokey Road Middle School, Newnan, GA - Page 2 Empty From ga 400 Gainesville area

Post by ghostwagen65 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Anyone cruzing from this area..
ghostwagen65
ghostwagen65
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 am

I may be in a classic Ford Pick em up Truck instead of the Bus. We shall see. Good chance the Bounce House will fit in a truck better than the Bus,either way the bounce house will travel.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 am

I saw the picture, that's a nice truck. I like that body style. See you saturday
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm bringing some Triumph T-Shirts for raffle prizes.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Awesome, Harley Davidson of Newnan gave us a few T-Shirts too, I'm getting 3 $100 Car Care baskets from 3M Automotive. The girl who hooked us up with so much of their stuff back on our 7 Day Build came through again for us. 300 bucks worth of 3M wash/wax/detailing stuff!!!
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:28 am

Looks like I'm going to miss this one now. Headed out of town after work Friday. Really wanted to go and show my support.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm

I have to share this from the Sugar Hill car show post:
Steve S wrote:Hi Folks, Boltsdragen VW club will be conducting a 50/50 raffle for the Alvarados at the Sugar Hill show, also we will have a donation jar and part of each cars (classic and VW) entrance fee will go to the Alvarado family. VW Community Rocks!
Seriously there are no words...the VW Community does rock! I can't think ALL of you guys enough for stepping up with this to help. My heart hurts for these kids, and I can promise you, seeing the family there Saturday and seeing the impact this can have on them will make all of this worth it! Steve Soucie, Boltsdragen Car club, you guys doing that is truly amazing, and I can't say thanks enough.

To all of y'all helping, coming, giving items, making trophies, t-shirts, etc etc, I can't tell you how humbling it is to say I'm even a small part of this community. VW's have a special place in my heart because of the memories I have of them and the people around them, and God has a special place in my heart because He's the reason I get to do what I do, the reason we get to do what we do as a ministry. I know how good this community is, and I know how loved this family is gonna feel because of all of you....

All I got is a tearful Thank you!
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 am

Trying to figure out a way to get both cars there, kelly still hasn't learned how to drive either one. hmm..........
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:54 am

fluxcap wrote:Trying to figure out a way to get both cars there, kelly still hasn't learned how to drive either one.  hmm..........
Sounds like a good time to do some teaching. Also I would love to make the show but have lots going on this weekend. I have told a few coworkers that live down there and they are going to try and make it and show some support. Hope y'all have fun for a great cause!
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:05 am

Bring one to the school tonight. We are bringing a camper and some of our cars and spending the night in the parking lot. You live close right?
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:27 am

Yeah, I may do that or just make a couple of trips in the morning. I'm about 15 minutes from the school. Need to get them both cleaned up. Both are covered in bugs from recent trips to Circle yer Wagens and PCB.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:59 am

Might bring two also
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:06 am

The more the better. I'd love to have so many cars show up we don't know where to put them. We are gonna spend the night there tonight at the school and start setting up and organizing at seven am. If anyone wants to come help early you're more than welcome
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next