Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

+23
Jon65
Muffler Bearing
zabo
86vwgti8v
adams77
stasher1
Terry 64
tronview
BKiller
ASBug
scott
snake666
59suicide
DiggerD
Bugman114
rpm750
meinvw
Damn-it Don
vwgirl
wheel_sun
bumblebuggy
aircooledaddicts
73super66baja
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How may  ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba?????? Empty How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

Post by 73super66baja Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:09 pm

I would like to know how many people on this site have complaints about the samba from others bing rude in forums or getting rude replies from ads you have posted or anything else let me know please

73super66baja
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

How may  ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba?????? Empty Re: How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

Post by aircooledaddicts Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 pm

The real question should be who HASN'T had problems on that forum
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

How may  ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba?????? Empty Re: How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

Post by 73super66baja Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 pm

lol i would like to hear of other bad or wrong experiences on the site. i have had some problems of some people being really rude and constant hounding on parts that have already been sold.

73super66baja
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:27 pm

The samba has it's share of bad eggs. There are too many people trolling the site looking for someone to pick on. The overall community is great but it only takes one bad reply from some tard trying to show how big his vitrual member is to ruin perfectly innocent threads. I've found that the samba is populated with a lot of purists who think old VWs should only be stock. God help you if you want to modify the car in any way. You'll get 400 guys lining up to tell you how lame it is to use anything other than OG parts. Most forums and free clasifieds end up that way. You just have to blow through all the retards and mine the good info and customers. The Amba is still the best VW site on the net and will continue to be in the forseeable future.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 73super66baja Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

yeah i like the site myself i was just wondering who all else had run into stuff on there and what thier situation had been

73super66baja
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by wheel_sun Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 am

73super66baja wrote:yeah i like the site myself i was just wondering who all else had run into stuff on there and what thier situation had been

Laughing

Everyone has had at least a crappy experience on thesamba. Hell-- even some of the mods there have to deal with bad times once in a while. (although im not making excuses for any of them. Its just the nature of the beast!).
More or less like bumblebuggy said, you just have to ignore some of the assholes and try to go about your business, and hope whoever is bugging you will quickly go away. (which most will given enough time).
Having to deal with crap from people online is everywhere.. On most, if not all websites!

Now on the other hand, there have been a few "off-shoot" websites start up in the past because some got sick of how things were going on thesamba, such as this site called; "Itinerant Air-cooled.com". But i'll leave it at that for now..
So keep enjoying it for all that its worth, and ignore the troublemakers!!
wheel_sun
wheel_sun
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:46 pm

lol... look me up on the samba... see what i deal with... it doesn't matter what i say, it gets twisted in to something else and turns in to a rant. there are some good people out there... they just haven't found the less hostile sites yet... you can still get help on the samba if you can find your way through all the bs first.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:13 am

Lets face it.... there's a**es everywhere, we just gotta be better. :Hippy:
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 am

vwgirl wrote:lol... look me up on the samba... see what i deal with... it doesn't matter what i say, it gets twisted in to something else and turns in to a rant. there are some good people out there... they just haven't found the less hostile sites yet... you can still get help on the samba if you can find your way through all the bs first.

There is one no bs site you frequent, well maybe 2, but like FMBC on here a lot of people have face to face meetings so the keyboard commandos are less likely to pop-up. Samba is to big and not as much interaction. Oh yeah, welcome aboard!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm

I've learned a lot from The Samba and yea there are folks on there that just post stupid s@#t. A guy by the name of Allen is one that comes to mind. He just likes to be a thorn! You get enough ppl on here and those same problems will show up here.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Lots of people there are so quick to point out things you are doing wrong, and not answer the origional question. it gets really annoying. everytime i post a question, i always get a few @ssholes who say something along the lines of "It won't work, and your stupid for asking". and others will just start suggesting stuf, thats you know to be wrong. I do learn a lot of things from the sambe tho. But you really have sort out for yourself, who knows what they are talking about.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I have found the best way to use the Samba is to search out the solution to your problem and only post a question as a last resort if you don't find the info you need. There is alot of knowledge over there but alot of attitudes as well.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 pm

meinvw wrote:
vwgirl wrote:lol... look me up on the samba... see what i deal with... it doesn't matter what i say, it gets twisted in to something else and turns in to a rant. there are some good people out there... they just haven't found the less hostile sites yet... you can still get help on the samba if you can find your way through all the bs first.

There is one no bs site you frequent, well maybe 2, but like FMBC on here a lot of people have face to face meetings so the keyboard commandos are less likely to pop-up. Samba is to big and not as much interaction. Oh yeah, welcome aboard!

I've met a few of the keyboard commandos... and most of them aren't that way in person...

what's the other no bs site i frequent... i really only frequent fmbc these days... if i am forgetting to frequent somewhere please let me know Smile

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 pm

vwgirl wrote: if i am forgetting to frequent somewhere please let me know Smile

HERE
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

59suicide wrote:

HERE

hey i am working on it! so far i have been here two whole days in a row!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am

vwgirl wrote:
59suicide wrote:

HERE

hey i am working on it! so far i have been here two whole days in a row!

Thats getting there, make it 3 and your stuck!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am

Well this makes three.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 am

vwgirl wrote:Well this makes three.

Day 3! Welcome to the site cheers
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by snake666 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:01 pm

I caught hell from a couple douche bags because I asked a simple question. All I wanted to know was would 70 beetle fenders fit a 68 beetle. I later got my answer from Jerome but all I wanted was to learn and I got shot down over something meaningless. I won't use the samba anymore because of that.
snake666
snake666
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:42 pm

never been on the forums but asking a question to learn should never be bad thing. I like to look thru the classified ads . its like that everywhere dealing with cars, cycles, heck even guitars forums- someone always knows more and some no less but sharing is the key to the future of our hobby, or collection or daily driver. just my 2 cents
scott
scott
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 am

scott wrote:never been on the forums but asking a question to learn should never be bad thing. I like to look thru the classified ads . its like that everywhere dealing with cars, cycles, heck even guitars forums- someone always knows more and some no less but sharing is the key to the future of our hobby, or collection or daily driver. just my 2 cents
X2 the classifieds are a good asking price guage. Just drop the low and high and take a median.
Also helps to guage the rareness of any thing that you find at a swapmeet or a parts box with your last purchase.
I use it alot for that.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:24 am

I haven't got flamed too bad. I think it depends on what sections you post in. I find the type 3 guys are pretty cool and even the purists don't go totally crazy when you talk about modifying the car.

I spend way too much time in the classifieds...
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 am

thats the key, I use only the classifieds. Seen to much crap in the forums so only browse those unless i see a tech question I can help with. have seen it many times posting an answer to a question and the keyboard commandos come out raging aginst the asker. Not a good way to propigate the hobby. Have talked with Everett on this and not much he can do, its just to big to police. Oh well, its a good selling medium just do not try and get any tech out of it without the search. Lot of good info there but not a fan of his search engine for the site.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am

DiggerD wrote:I have found the best way to use the Samba is to search out the solution to your problem and only post a question as a last resort if you don't find the info you need. There is alot of knowledge over there but alot of attitudes as well.

I totaly agree. The one thing I hate the most about the Samba isn't the A-holes because they are everywhere, But the thread stealers. you know the people that feel that they need to take a Question someone has asked in a completely non related direction. Like asking how to lower a bus and within five to six replys someone has redirected your question into tuning thier carbs.

tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry 64 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:17 pm

You really have to watch what ya say on the samba theres just
to many know it alls.

Terry 64
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next