Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL

4 posters

Go down

Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL Empty Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL

Post by ultralite Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:41 pm

I've been updating my Westy one step at a time and I only have one major thing left to do - tires. I don't need them just yet and trying to get my homework done in advance.

I had some folks on here recommend Atlanta Aircooled for some door work, and that worked out great. So I was hoping to get a tire shop recommendation.

Yes, I've read the tire sticky on the Samba and the "ratwell" site. Now I just need to find the right shop if anyone can recommend one.

Preferably inside the Perimeter or the east side of town.

Thanks in advance!

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL Empty Re: Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL

Post by Gabass Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:04 am

This place is good next time you're in Athens
http://www.porterfieldtireinc.com/
Gabass
Gabass
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-01-17

https://www.facebook.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedometer?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL Empty Re: Looking for a tire shop recommendation - ATL

Post by Muffler Bearing Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

Just make sure you run an LT tire not a pmetric and you should be fine anywhere you go.I know many shops OTP but they are north. There is a good shop that happens to be an Exxon off west paces ferry @75 that is very good.

Last edited by Muffler Bearing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks! What was confusing me was using the "tire selection tool" online for some places. They always came back with passenger tires only. I kept thinking "surely they would offer some commercial or light truck options too".

But I was researching over the weekend when places were closed. I'll try calling during the week.

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by aerosurfer Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 am

It can be tough to find the right tire with the search tools. If you want the standard Vanco2 or Hankook RA08 you can find them through sears and *gasp* walmart.

Get on Sears' mailer and wait for the next promo. I got 5 Mounted and balanced for about 525. Wally world was a very similar price on the tires, but they hide the costs of the mounting in the fine print

aerosurfer
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down