Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Trip MLK Weekend/Smokies

2 posters

Go down

Road Trip MLK Weekend/Smokies Empty Road Trip MLK Weekend/Smokies

Post by Pop in NW Ga Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:15 am

Some of us will be leaving Cartersville Saturday morning the 17th, heading to W.N.C. and on to 10EC.

First night will be spent in the "gorgeous" Nantahala Gorge west of Bryson City, N.C. We plan on driving up US 411 to US 64 then east to the gorge. We will depart the gorge Sunday morning and drive through Cherokee N.C. and then follow US 441 into the Great Smokies National Park and a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway if it is open. Then a short stop in Gatlinburg then on to Pigeon Forge. Sunday night we will camp in the Pigeon Forge area, and then drive through Ware's Valley and Townsend Tn. and head back into Ga. on US 411 on Monday.

Family style trip, father-son-grand kids. We have been doing this trip for years with the kids being out of school on that Monday. John's camp cooking alone will be worth the trip, he is a nationally ranked BBQ competitor, and makes awesome meals with Dutch ovens sure to please.

If you can't, or would rather not camp in cold weather but still want the drive, catch up with us along the way any day of the trip. We may lodge indoors in Gatlinburg Sunday night if the weather gets as cold as the forecasters are predicting. Saturday night's campground will be just a few feet off of the Nantahala River with electricity at each site and very clean and well heated bath house.

Later...

Last edited by Pop in NW Ga on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Pop in NW Ga
Pop in NW Ga
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Road Trip MLK Weekend/Smokies Empty Re: Road Trip MLK Weekend/Smokies

Post by daltondragger73 Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:53 pm

I would really love to make this run, but unfortinatly I will be doing my own runs in my semi truck had 3 weeks at home but now its time to go back to work.. sounds like a really good time wish i could make it, maybe next year..
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down