Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all i can say is this is b.s.

2 posters

Go down

all i can say is this is b.s. Empty all i can say is this is b.s.

Post by LungTube Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:24 pm

http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/email.htm?h=806e15da636b16bd7beec785cf5ae8d8&CID=1423146868&ch=0C5228663A53990C3CB296EAE7338599
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

all i can say is this is b.s. Empty Re: all i can say is this is b.s.

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Ehhhhhh! Not saying this is a good idea or a bad idea but what would it hurt. Look deeper than a few junker VWs or Model As or a few old bullet tail Buicks. Those with knowledge of what they have will not partake in this. There are plenty of 86 Chevy Minivans, Chrysler K cars, 82 F150 and so on and so on that it might not be a bad idea to crush. “Cash for Clunkers” programs threaten enthusiasts nationwide with the loss of valuable parts and parts-cars for repair, restoration, and customization projects. The programs also risk destroying classic, historic and special-interest vehicles, our American heritage." This statement was written by an obvious "enthusiast" as a scare tactic.

The bigger picture is that it's considered a stimulus package. Historically they do not work or are short lived. When most stimulus packages are implemented is when the times are hardest and the money is generally used for survival needs instead of being returned to the market. Wow! 1500 bucks..............it's a false high that has shown more than 86% of that money will be used for outstanding or future bills. For this particular program to work as a focus in the car market then the money would have to be issued in a voucher towards the purchase of a new vehicle.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum