Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Axel Nightmares?

4 posters

Go down

Axel Nightmares? Empty Axel Nightmares?

Post by Knumb Knucks Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:40 pm

If any of you own a Water Pumper you may or may not have CV issues but just a strong peice of advice never buy CV Axels from Any of the Auto Part stores they are junk and will not work properly or fail due to poor materials and craftsmanship. I just recently bought brand new ,not reman axels from a well known parts chain and put them on and the problem I had before was 10 times worse. Extreme vibrations through acceleration so bad that it felt just like driving on a freeway shoulder. I have read on many other forums about this issue and they suggest Raxles as a answer,well I found a place here in Ga that rebuilds O.E. Audi/VW only cores went and picked up a pair today put them in and it fixed the problem I had before with old axels as well as problem I had with brand new ones I just put in over the weekend. F.Y.I. the new ones I purchased from parts store were 1 1/2" longer than the correct ones I picked up today So if you do not want to do the job twice and waste your money on these crap ones bein sold in all these parts stores. Look up CV Source in Buford Ga. I paid less than $100.00 each with no core and my car drives like new and has genuine VW Audi axels in it with a 2 yr 24,000 mile warranty.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Axel Nightmares? Empty Re: Axel Nightmares?

Post by 86vwgti8v Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Damn, that's some good info. Appreciate that!
86vwgti8v
86vwgti8v
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

When I first got my Passat wagon the owner had just put on new axels from parts store and I had the same problem with them the entire time. Under accerleration it was real bad. I had just delt with it but now that asbug has it he replaced them again. He says it is smooth now and rides great.
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 pm

-yep.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I have 0 vibration now with axels I got from CV source and they are genuine parts with Audi VW stamps. They won't take cores if they are not German that is how good of a product they build. Extremely satisfied and the cost was so affordable it would fit any budget.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down