Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever Been Surprised by your car?

2 posters

Go down

Ever Been Surprised by your car? Empty Ever Been Surprised by your car?

Post by ASBug Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm

OK,
I'm not a speed demon, so I just took Gary's word that the 2004 B5.5 Variant was a Super Car....
I have heard that the 6 cyl is a little lathargic, but mine is the 1.8T.
I was doing 85+ in the fast lane the other day and a jacked up Brand new F-150 came flying up behind me and flashed his lights, now the other lanes were full to the brim with cars, so I ignored him and thought "you should have left earlier..." Well he flashed them again and I had it. I floored the 1.8T and zoom. In a matter of litterally 2 seconds I looked down and I was doing ~115 MPH and still pulling. Truck was LOOONG Gone. He was embarrased and smoked by a Station Wagon!
It felt good, but I was worried about a ticket... so I have gone back to hypermiling the beast.
If I stay out of the Turbo, I can average 26mpg mixed. If I could just live on the interstate I realistically could average 33+ MPG.
This car doesn't like start and stop traffic or redlights in town.
Gonna get the cat replaced w/ pipe and a larger turbo and a low level reprogram.
Viva no tail pie inspections!
At least those are the plans...
KC

Last edited by ASBug on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pulling harder!)
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Ever Been Surprised by your car? Empty Re: Ever Been Surprised by your car?

Post by aircooledaddicts Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Nice! Told ya it was quick Cool
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum