Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when...

+2
buggin70
some_rust
6 posters

Go down

Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when... Empty Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when...

Post by some_rust Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:04 pm

... I attempt to discuss water-cooled VWs in this forum.

I recently moved to McDonough. Shortly thereafter I decided that I needed to learn as much about cars as possible; blissful ignorance in the mechanical happenings taking place under my car's hood no longer seemed a reasonable way to get through life.

With fond memories of my first two cars - an '84 Scirocco and a '90 Corrado - rattling around in my head, I sought out the car that I had long wanted: an A2 GTI. Now the proud owner of an '85 GTI, I am learning (often at the insistence of a failing fuel pump or squeaking strut) that most interesting of questions: "How car?"

I happened across this forum because I saw the "McDonough" in the description. I don't want to be a party crasher, but, yeah, well I suppose I do. Is there a place for a water-cooled VW or two in your figurative stable? I promise to keep everything pre-1993.

Specifically what I'm after at this point is some advice/direction on a reasonable body shop on the Southside (or beyond?) that can check measurements, straighten anything out that needs straightening, clean up a little bit of rust, and maybe apply a coat of paint without my having to re-mortgage the family farm... I'm willing to learn how to do a lot myself, but body work seems like something better left to professionals with the time, skills, energy, and equipment.

Thanks all. Nice to meet you.

some_rust
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when... Empty Re: Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when...

Post by buggin70 Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:19 pm

water pumpers are welcome some of the members here have some pretty good lookin ones
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when... Empty Re: Hello. I'm curious what reaction I will get when...

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm

All VWs are welcome. We would be glad to have you. I don't work on watercooled dubs but there is some that do in our club. They should chime in.

Glad you found the site!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 pm

everybody who owns a aircooled should own a water cooled,jusk kidding if you need anyparts for it dad has a 86 gti thats a parts car
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by some_rust Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. You're all alright.

I secretly covet a beetle - but my wife's patience for new old cars arriving at the house is maxed out, as is available storage space. The GTI will have to satisfy... for now...

some_rust
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 am

We welcome those who don't even have VWs. Just gotta have love for cars.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BUBBABEAR Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Welcome to our humble world. We take in anybody, even me. Twisted Evil
BUBBABEAR
BUBBABEAR
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum