Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day late and a dollar short

+6
Treehive
56rag
fluxcap
DOODLE BUGG
Cambur
bakertim2
10 posters

Go down

Day late and a dollar short Empty Day late and a dollar short

Post by bakertim2 Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Ok, so last night after having my yard sale, I'm sitting here watching the tube and surfing the net. I look on craigslist and do my usual search for vw stuff and there is a brand new ad for some 63 vw parts. I immediately call the guy ( it's almost 10pm) he answers and I ask about the ad , he says I'm the first to call. I give him my word I'll be there in the am to get the stuff and consider it sold. he says he won't get home from church til after 2pm. I tell him that's fine i'll be there at 3pm to get it all. At 2pm today, he calls me back and says he met a friend in town and the guy paid him for the parts. So my question is, Does noone have any honor any longer. I asked him to take the ad off and he said he would. And it was still there. He also said he had some more parts from the body he cut up and I told him I would take it as well sight unseen. I gave him my word, and he couldn't keep his. I hope the person who bought these parts is not someone on here. Karma is a bitch.

Last edited by bakertim2 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Day late and a dollar short Empty Re: Day late and a dollar short

Post by Cambur Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm

I saw that ad aswell, was gunna jump on it but figured someone had already beat me to it anyway.

with the last two cars i have sold, i noticed alot of yea im coming tomorrow to buy it and never heard from them again. this really ticks me off. If I tell someone im gunna do something you better believe i do, or at least do my best to. If im not going to make my appointment to look at a part, I call and inform the seller that I am running late, or will not be able to make it.

Its common curtsey people, come on!
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:58 pm

He did call me to tell me that he sold it but didn't even give the chance to get there. cause he had church. If it hadn't been so late last night, I would have gone right then. I was trying to be polite by not coming that late. I guess you got to get it when you can.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:08 pm

pretty much sold it out from under you... not cool.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Right...
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 pm

i think some people leave stuff posted just so people will call an they can talk its called lack of friends
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:41 am

He was a talker. I saw it around midnight on Saturday and I called about 9am yesterday morning and he did indeed say he had someone coming at 3:00, but then said "but the parts are here right now if you want em". I declined and he said he'd call if the original person didn't show up. He called me around 2:30 to say the parts were gone. $125 for some early pop-outs and all those other parts sure would have been a sweet deal though! The doors were pictured in the ad, but he told me they were junk and had been removed from the car with a torch.

I'm not defending the sellers actions one bit, very NOT cool on his part to not honor his word. But talking to the seller when he called back, he did mention a name and location of the guy who bought the parts so I'm pretty sure I know who it is and he is on this site. I've met him and done business with him and think he's a good honest guy and doubt he would have bought the parts out from under you if he'd know there was a previous deal.

Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose......Ok, well I've yet to get a killer win on craigslist, but I'm still dreaming for one someday!!!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 am

Thing is I really needed the parts for Drew's new 63 bug thats missing all the glass, among other items. So, if he's on here and is an honest person, I'm still interested in the parts and that person could send me a pm. Then all would be well with me.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56rag Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:33 am

Just saw the posting. I ended up getting the parts. I called the guy and he said to come on. I had no idea Tim was wanting them. When I got there, the guy told me he thought I was from Dallas though. If you are needing any of the parts, let me know. Wasn't trying to buy them out from under you, the guy just told me he had 2 others interested and who ever got there first. Sorry.
56rag
56rag
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 pm

56rag wrote:Just saw the posting. I ended up getting the parts. I called the guy and he said to come on. I had no idea Tim was wanting them. When I got there, the guy told me he thought I was from Dallas though. If you are needing any of the parts, let me know. Wasn't trying to buy them out from under you, the guy just told me he had 2 others interested and who ever got there first. Sorry.

Wow! This is a great community....my two cents though....craigslist is like a garage sale....first come with cash in hand, first serve....I have left work early to ensure that I get items for purchase from CL....it does suck, however, that the seller gave the OP the run around....most that I have dealt with have a "if it's still here when you are" kind of attitude...
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm

56rag wrote:Just saw the posting. I ended up getting the parts. I called the guy and he said to come on. I had no idea Tim was wanting them. When I got there, the guy told me he thought I was from Dallas though. If you are needing any of the parts, let me know. Wasn't trying to buy them out from under you, the guy just told me he had 2 others interested and who ever got there first. Sorry.

you gained respect from me 56rag
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm

buggin70 wrote:

you gained respect from me 56rag
I love VW people. Y'all are restoring my faith in humanity.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Me too peregrine...I tell people all the time that it's the coolest thing to be driving somewhere, like to a show, and if you see one VW on the side of the road, chances are there are 2 or 3 behind it pulled over to help. Great great community. This turned into a great post, I think we all need a hug!
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 56rag Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks buggin, after talking to Tim, hope all is well. Think I'll hold off on that hug though. Shocked Very Happy
56rag
56rag
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Well I appreciate you stepping up Jeff. My deal is not with you. It's with the seller. I would have been there Saturday night if he would have let me, then Sumday he said he had church and wouldn't get home til after 2, so out of common respect Iwaited til he got home. It's over and done with. And I'm over it. All is well.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm

👍 for Jeff...
hes always been helpful, and welcoming, even when i just show up looking for a turnsignal switch!

this is why I love VWs, such great people involved in them.

(well that and they are dead sexy cars Laughing )
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 am

X2
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber