Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Sweet Ally

+12
Grifspop
Damn-it Don
DiggerD
Bugman114
vwgirl
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
39coupe
Johnny
meinvw
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
16 posters

Go down

Our Sweet Ally Empty Our Sweet Ally

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Today, June 1 at 5:26pm we laid our sweet Ally to rest. Jenn and I have had her since she was just a few weeks old. She was a devoted dog that loved camping, the water, car rides and just laying in the floor beside you. Over the years her devotion to me grew strong. She rarely left my side. She slept by my side. Even when her hips gave out, her tumors grew to a size that affected her walking and she was forced to sleep down stairs, if she ever got through the gate she would climb those stairs just to sleep by my side.

She gave unconditional love. Over the last few days, she had been wanting to be unusually close to Jenn and I. I laid in the floor with her last night crying nose to nose. We think she was trying to tell us that it was time. Today, I carried her into the Vets, Jenn and I said our goodbyes and relieved her of all the pain.

Faithful companion, beloved friend and devoted pet, you will be truly missed.

Our Sweet Ally Dsc_1073_std
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Our Sweet Ally Empty Re: Our Sweet Ally

Post by aircooledaddicts Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Sorry for your loss. Sad
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm

man hate to hear that. Pets are as much of the family as anyone else and a hard loss to take. She was in a good home and sounds like she had a good long life.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 pm

That is sad news....Really hate to hear that
Ally was a good companion....
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Last edited by 39coupe on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I have fond memories of driving around in my bus with Gracie, our golden retriever. My wife used to call her my red headed girlfriend. Every time I hear of somebody else loosing a pet I tear up a little bit and think about Gracie. Truly sorry for your loss.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm

39coupe wrote:Sorry to hear of your lose.
x2
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

So sorry to hear about you're loss Crying or Very sad

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Sorry about your loss bro. I had to lay my german shepard frauline to rest last year. she lived 13 years, and we had her for 12 of them. she had a similar problem. something with her nerves, slowly stopped working, causing her to drag her feet, and eventually she couldn't walk, or hold it any more. so we had to put her down. and a year before that we had to lay our other dog (chihuahua/ min pin/ etc.) renny to rest. we had him since he was about 6 months old, and he died at 18 years old. whats funny was that he had a bad heart. his valve was only working like 50%, but you would never guess. even up untill he died, he would run around like a puppy, and he would constantly jump over a gate we had. many times when we got home, he would jump over 4 feet in the air up the door, to see us out of the window. but one day he sprained his leg, but we didn't know the pain medicine was a lethal combination with his heart medicine. so his kidney's stopped working, and we had to put him down. if he hadn't have sprained his leg, he would have prolly lived to over 20 years old, lol.

Anyway, As time goes on, it gets better. as i write this i'm getting tears, and choked up thinking about all the good times i've had with my dogs. just focus on all the good times. it was for the best, and take comfort in the thought that she isn't suffering anymore.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Its always tough when you have to make that decision, we had to do it a few years ago with our westie. Just know that she is in a better place now and free from any pain.

A DOG'S PRAYER
By Beth Norman Harris
Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 pm

From our family blog. LINK
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 am

Scott-
Like others have stated, your loss has a way of touching all who have ever know that unconditional love of a four legged friend. Like others, I know how much it hurts, and the hole it leaves. I wish you and your family many blessings, for welcoming Ally and providing a warm safe home for her, and wish for strength to you and your family as you all heal.
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard it can be to lose one of your pets.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Scott, Iknow how hard it is to lose a "family' member like that. I still miss my Punkie. She was 16 when she passed And we had her since she was about 6 weeks old. We called her our first born. She was about 1 when Drew was born and she took good care of him. My sympathies go out to you and your family.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Scott

I am really sorry for your loss. Ally will be missed.
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Our Sweet Ally Empty sorry bud!!

Post by scott Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:47 am

I totally understand we had to put our dog Dante down last friday , it has been rough .We were treating him with meds for bladder stones and 2weeks ago we got the news he had cancer and were ready to start treatments but his kidneys started to fail and like you we were their till the end with him .We held him as they gave him the sleeping shots it was very hard to do but he like your doggie is now playin with the others. Gia nd I do not have kids and our pets are like that to us. We pick his ashes up on friday. Like us we have to remember the great times with our little buddy!!
scott
scott
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BUBBABEAR Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:18 pm

My thoughts and prayersgo out to you and your family. I had to put down Sasha after and great 17 year relationship. I try to remember all the great times we had like the time my wife had too much to drink and decided to shave her fur coat for the first time. It ws such a site and always makes me laugh when I see the pictures.
BUBBABEAR
BUBBABEAR
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:12 am

This is one of my favorite picture. It's my son and Ally just being pals.
Our Sweet Ally 100_0201
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down