Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with my 74 Beetle

3 posters

Go down

help with my 74 Beetle Empty help with my 74 Beetle

Post by ScottD Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:25 am

I have a 74 beetle that has been sitting for some time. I have little to no time to do a brake job and simple tune up. it does crank and run but rough. I just want to get her up and running but time is not on my side. Is there anyone that does GOOD work at a reasonable price that would like to take on a side job. I am new in the Stockbridge/Mcdonough area. I used to live in Marietta/Smyrna area all of my life and have lived in Stockbridge for 4 years. I am now able to get back to my love of VW's now that the kids are a LITTLE bit older (5 and 2) and my wife has finished all treatments for breast cancer. Praise God!
I have 5 VW's: 75 Westy, 79 Transporter, 74 Thing, 69 Ghia and 74 Beetle. I really want to become a part of the VW community on the Southside. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Scott

Sorry if this has posted many times..I am new at this!

ScottD
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

help with my 74 Beetle Empty Re: help with my 74 Beetle

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:23 am

Hey Scott. There are plenty of folks that may be willing to help. I can help with the brakes but it'll be a couple weeks before I can get to it. No charge if you have the parts ready to go. If and when I get a chance to get over there, I can take a look at the engine to see if I can help you out with some tuning as well. We'll be meeting this evening in Peachtree City if you have time to come out. If not, we'll see you at the next Sonic gathering. No need to have a running VW. Just come and talk and we'll give you all the advise and support we can.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Scott you have found the right place. I think we have most likely the largest group of Dubbers in the state right here on this site. Any help you need ask for it on here and someone can answer your question. Welcome to our little VW community.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: