Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blower motor squealing

2 posters

Go down

blower motor squealing Empty blower motor squealing

Post by Dodgerdog Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:09 pm

I have a 72 beetle, the blower in the fan box(?) for the defroster is making a lot of noise. wondering if the box can be opened and the motor lubed or replaced. also the insulated fabric connectors to the fan vents are shot, can't locate any of those on the web, any suggestions on what to replace these with?
Dodgerdog
Dodgerdog
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2014-12-27

Back to top Go down

blower motor squealing Empty Re: blower motor squealing

Post by type4revolution Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 am

Yes box comes apart with care. If two speeds are working then its Possible to service and put back together.I insulate mine with a tenish dollar roll or insulation from home depot or hdwr store and put some nice fabric over it. There are a few.place that sell replacements and good used stuff insulation is insulation
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgerdog Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:18 pm

thanks type4rev, I did separate the two halves of the blower box and expose the fan, pretty tight for late 60's and 70's engineering. hooked up a power source and the two speeds operate and it did squeal a little but quits after 15 or 20 seconds. I was going to go farther but saw these rubber vibration mounts and rubber flaps and decided to stop at that point, I hate to tear up 40+ year old rubber. I told my daughter she could deal with a squeal for a half minute or I could just take my bug back since it was in the family long before her. did find a part # on the box and this is the net age. thanks again
Dodgerdog
Dodgerdog
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2014-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down