Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep! She's a keeper!

3 posters

Go down

Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! Empty Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep! She's a keeper!

Post by dlandvw3 Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 pm

1984 AM General Jeep DJ5, right hand drive.  Drives good, runs ok, brakes good.  A lot of body work done and primer put on.....my wife saw it on craigslist and just bugged me to death to go drive it.  We did, she liked it, it's now in the driveway!  Should be fun to play with, she's been driving it around the neighborhood, picking kids up from school, etc.

Funniest story yet, yesterday, first day we had it she went to the school to pick up the kids.  There's a teacher that stands outside to monitor the pick up lines....when my wife got up to her she said, "I saw this thing come around the corner up there and I said to myself "That has to be one of the Land Parents" because you guys always have the neatest strange cars!"   and she was right, it was one of us.  LOL

Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! A048f0324248861 Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 7b2c1b324248865Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! E582b1324248867Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 117e95324248870Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 69efed324248874Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 7f928e324248877Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 9909ae324248879Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! A6753e324248882Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! 54f469324248886Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! Ca560e324248891Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! F08a7c324248893Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! C2f9ad324248894Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! A1b25a324248896
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! Empty Re: Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep! She's a keeper!

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri May 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Very cool! Whats the plan for it?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep!  She's a keeper! Empty Re: Some guys wives buy Coach Purses, Jewelry and Shoes....Mine buys an old postal jeep! She's a keeper!

Post by dlandvw3 Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Dont know yet. It really is her toy. She wants to have it to drive when we camp or to boy scout stuff, etc. She wants to paint it, but don't know. I'm just along for the ride lol. I'll admit, its fun to drive, I like it
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Sun May 04, 2014 6:49 pm

And the fun begins. Alternator went out on it, Battery light came on, killed the battery but she made it home first. Took it out, sounded horrible when you spin it. The fun was trying to find one at an auto parts store. No one has a DJ5 listed for an 84. Ended up looking up the 2.5L straight 4 150ci engine to see what else it was used in...turns out an 84 Dodge Dakota is a match! Installed and working great
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun May 04, 2014 7:56 pm

That looks like so much fun!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Sun May 04, 2014 8:44 pm

fluxcap wrote:That looks like so much fun!  

yeah man, never thought about getting one but my wife saw it on CL and just thought it was cool. She's driven it to pick kids up at school, groceries, etc. Its actually fun to drive.

she is already sketching out plans to spray paint it crazy colors, let the kids do handprints, etc.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down