Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy

+3
bakertim2
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Rwflyboy
7 posters

Go down

Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy Empty Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy

Post by Rwflyboy Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey everyone,
First of all..what an awesome site!!!
I had a 72 super beetle back in the early 80's when station at Ft. Ord Monterey, Ca. It was a great car and drove it home from California to Florida after getting out of the Army Band.  Cool >~iii~<() Unfortunately it was too hot to own as a primary car wearing a tie to work so I sold it.. (Dang!)

Now my wife and I are looking for a Westy, preferably 1976-1979 years.. Been hunting theSamba.com/Ebay motors/craigslist here lately.

I look forward to hanging here in hopes of being a Westy owner and camping contributor of stories of great times with it...but until then...I am on the lookout for one. U can hit me at rwflyboy at gmail dot com if you see anything around the North East Ga area. We live in the country between Gainesville/Dahlonega/Cleveland, Georgia.

Thanks,
Randy
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy Empty Re: Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Welcome to the site! Good luck with your hunt!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy Empty Re: Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy

Post by bakertim2 Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Welcome to the site. Good luck finding a Westy. It seems to be a hot commodity right now. I too, am looking for a Westy.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am

Welcome. cheers 

Great group of people on here. Looking forward to your stories.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Welcome to Georgia Dubs!!   cheers
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ridikas Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 am

Welcome back to the madness!!! lol! 
ridikas
ridikas
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Check the Columbus Craigslist, there was a nice looking late Bay on there recently.

And Welcome! Happy hunting.

Don't rule out an early Bay. Yes I'm biased with a '69 Westy. But, if it's just you and your wife the space is still good. With a 1776 engine (what I have) you all have good power and Type 1 simplicity.

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rwflyboy Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Thanks everyone.. waiting on some money that should get released from an estate... but looking everywhere to get educated on them and have found plenty of websites to help out along with this one. Cant get down to the show in Columbus, but am looking to find a couple shows to get a great look at a few. I was thinking 71-79 due to the front disc brakes, but we haven't nailed down what year per say yet. The wife likes the "floor plan" of the 76-79's without the cabinet behind the passenger seat to make it easy to get in and out the side door with bikes etc. I did get to drive my friends 76 Westy today... fun! Been years since I drove an old VW drive train and I found I was still able to do it without "crumbling up" the syncros when shifting. LOL! I look forward to joining an "Outing" group as soon as we get one.
Thanks again,
Randy
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rwflyboy Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Well..... Looks like I have have one afterall... going to pick it up this weekend... drivin' it home.... I will put up pics once I get it home.. Gotta come up with a name now. Can't wait!!!!
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Hoping to return to the VW world...This time in a late 70's Westy Empty Took the Jump and I am IN!

Post by Rwflyboy Sun May 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Picked up the 76 Westy that was for sale on www.thesamba.com that also had a craigslisting. http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/4436535356.html Made home after 3 to 4 hour drive and now the list to get her reliable has started. Looking forward to hanging at a few shows and meets soon!!!
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Sun May 04, 2014 11:52 pm

That's a sweet looking camper! Great find. Cool

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rwflyboy Fri May 16, 2014 9:24 am

Hope to meet a few of you at Worthersee this Saturday... Primered colored Westy will be us.
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down