Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCHERS AND TIME WASTERS

+6
pwmcguire
Beetle Bailey
bakertim2
type4revolution
ggaagg57
juspassinthru
10 posters

Go down

WELCHERS AND TIME WASTERS Empty WELCHERS AND TIME WASTERS

Post by juspassinthru Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Ok so here it is, If you say you want to buy something follow through! If someone tells me they want something before I list it I don't list it because it's spoken for and I am taking them at their word.I operate under the traditional value of business back at a time when a mans word sealed a deal.If I would have known you weren't serious I would have listed it and sold the item by now. Simply put welching and renigging is ridiculous and could be avoided by maning up or just don't say you want an item to begin with.Next topic...most of us in the hobby are honest hard working people who treat each other with respect and sale items at a fair price and are reasonable.HOWEVER, there are some out there who try to get rich by peddling overpriced junk with no concept of the marketplace or the fair value of what they are selling. I find it insulting go to ebay if you want to retire off of us by selling your junk.
In short Georgia is not that big and our group is even smaller word gets around guys and we all talk so think before you act like an asshat.

juspassinthru
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-04-01

Back to top Go down

WELCHERS AND TIME WASTERS Empty Re: WELCHERS AND TIME WASTERS

Post by ggaagg57 Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:46 pm

what are you talking about?
ggaagg57
ggaagg57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Amen brother don't tech f#%@ me up on the phone for an hour and buy it from a third rate store later . Then when it doesn't work out for ya cause you have no clue to begin with then try to tech f#%@ me on the phone some more not cool not cool at all..shame shame

Last edited by type4revolution on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:41 pm

type4revolution wrote:Amen brother don't tech f#%@ me up on the phone for an hour and buy it from a third rate store later . Then when it doesn't work out for ya cause you have no clue to begin with then try to tech f#%@ me on the phone some more not cool not cool at all..same same
Some of us make our living with our knowledge of these vehicles, and for you to call me up and waste an hour of my time while I'm trying to earn my living, only to turn around and use my knowledge to make a purchase from someone else, just isn't right. I'd love nothing more to be your friend, but don't use me for what I have spent years to learn, to be able to provide for my family, to gain for yourself and then kick me to the curb when your done. No one like to be used.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Beetle Bailey Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Well said
Beetle Bailey
Beetle Bailey
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:41 pm

juspassinthru wrote:Ok so here it is, If you say you want to buy something follow through! If someone tells me they want something before I list it I don't list it because it's spoken for and I am taking them at their word.I operate under the traditional value of business back at a time when a mans word sealed a deal.If I would have known you weren't serious I would have listed it and sold  the item by now. Simply put welching and renigging is ridiculous and could be avoided by maning up or just don't  say you want an item to begin with.Next topic...most of us in the hobby are honest hard working people who treat each other with respect and sale items at a fair price and are reasonable.HOWEVER, there are some out there who try to get rich by peddling overpriced junk with no concept of the marketplace or the fair value of what they are selling. I find it  insulting go to ebay if you want to retire off of us by selling your junk.
In short Georgia is not that big and our group is even smaller word gets around guys and we all talk so think before you act like an asshat.

Well said, if you say, it mean it. it's one of the most important things you have in life. Your word.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by damon23 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Happens to me all the time in my line of work. Four months ago I went out with our sales manager to a subdivision in Acworth. Nice place, high dollar homes with new ones being built. They called us because they wanted us to take over the subdivision for security and all the low voltage needs. We made several trips up there, quoted everything they dragged us around to look at and even came up with lists of things they'd need for all the new floor plans. They said we had the job. They strung us along for the last three months before I found out they re-upped with their old company. All that work just so the old company can follow the new script we laid out.

I hate if for you guys in the car repair/restoration world though. In all realms of the car industry it is small. You screw one person over and you might as well forget getting help. I can see if someone finds something cheaper and it helps their budget out but to leave someone out in the dark after they did the ground work is cold. If you want something, take it. Things happen all the time so at least have the common courtesy to contact someone to let them know. You might be surprised and they work something out with you.

damon23
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by juspassinthru Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Dude asked me Friday to hold something for him until Sunday, I called him today and he flaked typical craiglist bs oh well, saw it coming.

juspassinthru
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabass Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 am

People ask me how I rebuild speedometers and I tell them but some go home and try to do it themselves rather than let me. Most of the time they end up having to bring the broken remains to me to see what I can do with it. Know exactly what you're talking about.
Gabass
Gabass
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-01-17

https://www.facebook.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedometer?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 am

Wish i had a dollar for every time somebody ask me what tire size i ran on every single car i have owned or how i made certain wheels fit. I really don't mind offering advice or helping people out. Not a fan of pending transactions they usually go south unless a cash deposit is up front. A hand shake and eye contact does not go as far as it once did. As a group we have to help one another from time to time. I do not know anybody in this hobby that knows it all about these cars, we all learn something new about them all the time and a few of us have some good tricks to ease headaches and sharing good info wether you do this for a living or not is a good deposit in the bank of karhma if our intentions are good great things will come back to us,if not then most of the time no good comes out of the bad. I can nail a time waster down in one text or message or phone call. Serious people pay and move fast on transactions unlike the later..
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:Serious people pay and move fast on transactions unlike the later..  
thats all you need to know.

People taking your time is something every business in the world has to deal with,  suck it up or tell them to leave.
You have to choose where the line is in being a nice person/having good customer support and telling folks enough is enough.

Ask Wolfsburg West how many calls they get a day with people asking for advice.
They choose to talk to people and give them that advice and are repaid by folks doing lots of business with them and spreading the word that they have good product and great customer service to back it up.

lastly -If you decide to hold stuff for people thats on you.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:59 pm

When was the last time Wolfsburg West or any other Cali shop stopped by to to fix your car. Hum i think not but the little guy with tons of experience does and gets taken advantage of that's are were saying on here. This hobby is supported by lots of great mechanics and autobody men to help keep the Vw community alive and well on our streets in Georiga and beyond. Cheers
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down