Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some help

3 posters

Go down

Looking for some help Empty Looking for some help

Post by damon23 Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:53 pm

If you read my want ad this will make sense. My wife picked up a '71 Westfalia last spring with dreams of cruising it. It was a done deal when I picked it up. It is supposed to have a good rebuilt transmission and the guy we got it from is pretty stand up. After that I don't really know what I'm looking at. What I'm after is someone to give me a assessment of the thing. I don't want to pour a bunch of money into something that is not worth it. It seems pretty solid. The doors are rough but I got two good ones in the deal. As far as underneath I'm lost. I don't know what I need and what should be replaced and what is good. It is non functional but I guess I could roll it onto a trailer and take it to a shop but I feel sometimes they are just trying to get into your pocket. If you all know someone that can do this please forward their info.

Thanks,
Damon

damon23
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Looking for some help Empty Re: Looking for some help

Post by bakertim2 Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

We can help you out over here in Dallas. PM me for details.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I bought a '69 about 2 years ago and have since learned quite a bit about early Bays since I do my own work. I'd be happy to help if I could.

That said, I haven't met the Dallas guys but I can tell you all the GA Dub folks I've met have been great thus far.

I saw the Want Ad and the response. That 1641 may be the ticket. I have a 1776 in mine and LOVE it.

Finally, if you have a wife that loves the Westy, man you need to get that thing running and quick! You lucky dog  Very Happy

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by damon23 Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Tim came out and looked it over today. He put my mind at ease about the bus so I feel better now dumping money into it. He said he may have sold that 1641 but I have a line on another one. If that does not pan out then we'll probably just have him build one for us. Waiting now on uncle sam to give us our money back then I'll load the thing up and take it to Dallas.

damon23
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Good luck with it. I was making interior panels for mine this weekend. I love these things, plenty of mechanical tinkering to do AND woodworking if you want.

You do know you got one of the most desirable years right? Your wife chose well. At least the car right?  Laughing

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum