Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework for my next project - paint reco?

2 posters

Go down

Homework for my next project - paint reco? Empty Homework for my next project - paint reco?

Post by ultralite Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

I'm trying to do my homework in advance of my next project. I've totally gone over everything mechanically in my Westy and with all those mini projects I mostly did it myself and then for an item or 2 I went to Bobby at Advanced and Atlanta Aircooled. Both of those guys were recommendations from here and both were great. So THANKS GA Dubs!

Now, my son and I are on the lookout for a pre-68 Beetle. I'm open to the different conditions I might find one in. But if really rough, and the price seems right, it would be great to choose a paint color. (Also, I like the idea of saving one from demise)

I'd like a recommendation of someone who has been in business for a while with a former project nearby so I can see how their work holds up. (I know ongoing owner care and storage is a factor but still.) I know that seems a little over the top but I'm a buy and hold long term type. Also, on my Westy I've seen the little rust dots around windows so I know it's only a matter of time before I'll need a paint job for it too.

My search on the site for paint shops seemed to turn up dated info. Some of the folks in the vendor section are closed too, so out of those its not clear to me who is in business or if they do paint work.

Thanks in advance for any advice

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Homework for my next project - paint reco? Empty Re: Homework for my next project - paint reco?

Post by type901 Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Depends on where you are but I have a guy in McDonough.

Phillip

type901
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Homework for my next project - paint reco? Empty Re: Homework for my next project - paint reco?

Post by ultralite Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm in Atlanta and make it McDonough way fairly regularly. Has this person done work for you?

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I have known him for 30 Years and he has sprayed several cars for me.

type901
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Great man, thanks! What's the name and number of the shop?

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down