Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall

2 posters

Go down

Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall Empty Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall

Post by ultralite Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I actually finished yesterday but wanted to go out for 2 rides before I called it a success. It ran beautifully.

My kids helped me pull it. The Greatest Wife in the World was kind enough to clean it.
Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall Image_zps8aa09cba

I moved the new fuel filter out of the engine compartment and clamped all lines (not all were clamped by PO).

Then, GWW helped me get the engine back in. While the Westy was up on jack stands I took the wheels off, scrubbed the wells, and applied a layer of undercoating.

So tonight I took it out for a 2nd shakedown run. I have a neighbor who bought a new '74 Bus back in the day, which of course he regrets selling. But he loves seeing the Westy when I drive it. He happened to just finish cutting grass when I came by, so he went for a ride with me. Good times. Very Happy

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall Empty Re: Finished! My 1st engine pull and reinstall

Post by Jon65 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 pm

That really great to hear! Congrats on your success.cheers

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down