Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else play with thier.bajas?

+3
bumblebuggy
zabo
redneck_davis
7 posters

Go down

Anybody else play with thier.bajas? Empty Anybody else play with thier.bajas?

Post by redneck_davis Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 am

Anybody else play with thier.bajas? 2013-02-17_15-06-37_687
That dont look as bad as what the damage really was. Put the right tail pipe under the water and on my walk to get the bronco it shutoff. Water in the oil. Crank and ran but the oil change today found rocksalt sized chunks of metal. . Not looking good or the new 1641
.My tech question is how do i check the transaxle for pond juice?

Heres it stuck.kinda hard to make out the pond.

Anybody else play with thier.bajas? 2013-02-16_23-56-51_94
Lol
And maybe not this hard. But. .does anyone else offroad thier baja? Or they all asphalt warriors built for looks?
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Anybody else play with thier.bajas? Empty Re: Anybody else play with thier.bajas?

Post by zabo Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 am

sorry about your engine but glad to see your having fun with it. my old 73 wasn't a baja but I was amazed wht it would do off road. Very Happy
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody else play with thier.bajas? Empty Re: Anybody else play with thier.bajas?

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 am

Think the transaxle is sealed pretty well. Not likely any water got in there at all unless the rear was pretty sunk but you can change the trany fluid pretty easy to give yourself peice of mind. If pond juice is a concern, I'd probably be more worried about the condition of the boots on the CVs.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 am

The only way I know to check the trany fluid is to pull the 17mm allen nut of the drivers side and stick your finger in there to see if it's water or 90wt gear oil on the top.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Will check boots and locate an allen that big And metric. . Wasnt in there but 5 min tops.
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm

redneck_davis wrote:Will check boots and locate an allen that big And metric. . Wasnt in there but 5 min tops.
I got a 17mm a Sears years and years ago but I have since bought the socket version. You're going to need the same wrench to drain the trany eventually anyway. Might as well order one from your favorite parts vendor.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Make sure you open the fill bolt, not the drain bolt...
Just sayin...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Lol. Thatd be a good story. . Like pulling the dipstick tube out of a c6 transmission without draining it. It instantly drained 5qts in the floor. Other 5 came out the tailshaft about the time i got it over the rad support on the engine hoist. It was drained before i got it out
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm

guy i know sunk a new chevy in a creek bed he had pulled the plugs turned it over and wound up changing oil several times b4 it would begin to ride right good luck but chunks a metal are never good
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 am

Got the oil changed out. . So i tried to break an idle and see howbad it actually runs. . Not good! Pullin the engine next week
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Aw, sorry to hear about that man.

Hope you're able to get it back and running again soon.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Pull the plugs out and turn it over. U sure the chunks see metal and not bakealite.
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 am

Bakelite? They stuck to a magnet. Idk. Pulled the plugs and turned over already didnt see anything come out. Havent invested in a comp gauge yet.
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down