Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+85
wagtag
Johnny
ryneb21
panic_fan
vdubyou709
sdmjam
wdstang
R33ce97
jotty
shaky
57RTOval
Slim4life
runabout199
ultralite
Knumb Knucks
jtcap
56rag
jim conner
limabean79
macollins105
ridikas
reprobate3
Brooks424
Murdock00
Major62
damon23
vwtattooed
Damn-it Don
60andslow
Attack chicken
aircooledaddicts
ibjamn
johnvalkennedy
laith
DubDawg2579
bulldawgdude
vdubbers
uBER_SLO
vw57drvr
Bugman114
Muffler Bearing
hly3rd
67vdub
RomanBug
Gabass
720boy
cjvan71
DiggerD
jshmnghm
bayboy87
MRJEL
Hobug
tronview
type4revolution
bumblebuggy
68beetlebug
ggaagg57
guytonbug
Hookdriver
rican11
Heinz57
yayarudy
jerryg66
ASBug
callahan
drvr8
earlyvwfanatic
PeeWeeMan91
bakertim2
pwmcguire
Laz
peregrine67
fried_chicken
Grifspop
sploval53
BKiller
DOODLE BUGG
redneck_davis
zabo
Jon65
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
rpm750
ping349n
fluxcap
type901
89 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ASBug Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:05 am

Broke something clutchy related last night...
I think the cable broke, but I will not know until I crawl under it this weekend...
If not the cable, then the TO bearing or the arm went...
I am getting good at taking engines out of the ghia now...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ultralite Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Did my first clutch job! Whoo-hoo! cheers

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 pm

ultralite wrote:Did my first clutch job! Whoo-hoo! cheers
Me too!
My problem was the clutch pack I gave the engine guy was a late style. No guide tube on trans = 50 mile failure...
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:36 pm

ASBug wrote:
Me too!
My problem was the clutch pack I gave the engine guy was a late style. No guide tube on trans = 50 mile failure...

Drove it to church and back successfully. To a show-n-shine and back successfully. So far, so good.

My engine feels more powerful. Should it after a new clutch? I'm always trying to tune my ears and the overall feel to the vehicle. And it definitely felt different today, but hard to put my finger on what....

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 pm

ultralite wrote:
ASBug wrote:
Me too!

Drove it to church and back successfully. To a show-n-shine and back successfully. So far, so good.

My engine feels more powerful. Should it after a new clutch? I'm always trying to tune my ears and the overall feel to the vehicle. And it definitely felt different today, but hard to put my finger on what....

Nice meeting you today! I wouldn't think the clutch would make it feel any different, unless you were getting some slippage with the old one. It's probably just a perception thing with installing a new part. I sometime feel like mine is running better with a new set of wiper blades!    Razz
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm

ultralite wrote:
ASBug wrote:
Me too!

I drove mine to church as well. Mine feels more powerful, because it is... Lol.
Beautiful day today, truly a gift.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ryneb21 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:25 am

Trying to get my newly purchased 78 transporter going..worked last night on new fuel lines and filter and tried the old fuel pump first and sadly it didnt work. Now time to order me a new one today.

ryneb21
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun May 04, 2014 8:40 pm

built some door panels this weekend, they turned out great.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Img_0915

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Img_0916

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Img_0917
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Adjusted the brakes and the clutch to get ready for the poker run. Now out of the blue, I have a coil or a vapor lock issue I'm trying to figure out.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Sun May 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Make sure that u dont have any fuel hose or metal fuel line laying on any hot tin manifold or near exhaust
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 pm

type4revolution wrote:Make sure that u dont have any fuel hose or metal fuel line laying on any hot tin manifold or near exhaust

Yes, I moved the metal line up and away from the intake. It is now floating in the air with one attachment point on the front of the fan shroud. I have to double check under the car to make sure it is away from the exhaust.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Mon May 05, 2014 12:09 am

Got my rear bumper put back on after having to drive around without it for a couple if weeks. And I also removed my deck lid standoffs.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 am

Scored some T'backs for the Ghia.
Sourcing some lugs and centers that will fit, having tires removed today, then I will have them polished...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun May 11, 2014 10:41 pm

pwmcguire wrote:Adjusted the brakes and the clutch to get ready for the poker run. Now out of the blue, I have a coil or a vapor lock issue I'm trying to figure out.

Fuel pump wore out, Replaced it, it showed 3 pounds of pressure. Did the poker run this weekend but coming home the carb dumped fuel down the intake. I have to go back and check the pressure and float and needle valve again.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon May 12, 2014 8:26 am

This past week:
I sourced an off the shelf solution to the T'backs that does not require re-boring the lug holes or using unsafe hardware.
I also rebuilt the Kaddies and they look SWEET!
Got the Linkage and the breathers in the mail.
I am ready to install these on the 1776 SP.
Whahoooo!.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Ordered a magnaspark II distributor kit from CB Perfomance over the weekend......can't wait to try it out!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Sun May 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Got a sale running too the more you spend the more you save.
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by damon23 Sun May 25, 2014 10:14 pm

I think I figured out the brake problem on the 71 westy. Pulled the brake booster and it poured old nasty brake fluid. After I dumped it out I pushed on it and it gets half way then it feels like it thuds and the drops the rest of the way, all while being very noisy. Gary at bugeyed sent up a used on and it is firm and fluid. The master cylinder that came off looked new. Oh well. We are going to have the old stuff rebuilt. All we lack is one rebuild kit for the other caliper, the rubber seal that goes in the resivor behind the seat and we should have brakes.

damon23
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 pm

We (when I say we....I mean my brother Joe) finally got the motor running for my bus.
Still need to find a few parts for it...but it runs.
Found out a 2 barrel carb from a chevy chevette will work in a pinch.
Going to order a new carb for it...just need to find some decent exhaust and muffler for it.Then we get to figure out the wiring in the engine bay.
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wagtag Tue May 27, 2014 1:50 am

Johnny  Be sure to tell Joe he can use other colors besides red when he laces up the wiring. Mad (inside joke) Drug up the rail tonight but it needs a battery before I get serious putting it back on the road. This morning a friend pulled in the driveway in a 72 with the right front about to burst into flames, repacked the bearings and adjusted the brakes, that seemed to stop all the excitement
wagtag
wagtag
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Tue May 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Discovered that my alternator is shot again. Sad

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by wagtag Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Trickle charged the battery on the rail Monday and Tuesday, started out flat line tripping the charger but after a few restarts it took a charge( not bad for a seven year old battery that hadn't been touched for three years). Cranked it up for about ten seconds Tuesday night and noticed a mist of oil in the air, It burst a oil line to the filter. Put new oil lines in and cranked it tonight, got smoke Very Happy . Its popping cracking and wont idle but that's all I needed to hear... next clean it up and start putting lights back
wagtag
wagtag
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu May 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Jon65 wrote:Discovered that my alternator is shot again. Sad

My alternator on Obugga just went out a week or so ago. Finally got around to changing it today and the new one doesnt work....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Jon65 wrote:Discovered that my alternator is shot again. Sad

Do you have something else going on?
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Went to Oreilly's and swapped the alternator that went bad. I had that alternator for 8 years on this 1300. Removed the new refurbished alternator from Advance I put on yesterday and installed my warranty refurbished unit from Oreilly. Now I have a charging car again. Also while I had the shroud off I cleaned up the engine compartment and inside the deck lid. At some point my fog light lost its ground and stopped working so I installed a ground wire and got it working again.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next