Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got My Bug Home!!

+12
type901
Jon65
Grifspop
Yagorski@aol.com
68beetlebug
Knumb Knucks
bakertim2
sploval53
rpm750
fluxcap
redneck_davis
drvr8
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Got My Bug Home!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got My Bug Home!!

Post by drvr8 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Cool... thanks! Okay another stupid question... keep in mind I have been away from this for about 20 years... Where's the best place to route the hose? And should I keep the filter or run with out?
drvr8
drvr8
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

I just replaced all the fuel hoses on my bug a few weekends ago. I used Gates hose that I bought at Napa. It's got a reinforced webbing built into it. I've heard good and bad about both the german style and newer style. Some people say the older german style hose isn't made to stand up to the ethanol in fuel as well as the newer lines that you get in stores today. It's really anybody's guess though, so just make sure you inspect them on occasion and you should be safe with whichever ones you choose.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Keep the filter.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I would post a pic but I haven't figured out how to do it from my new iPhone Sad
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:
Jon65 wrote:Great looking engine. I have to ask for engine pics on every car thread because I'm an engine guy.

x2 on the filter. Remove it or clamp it. Also if you want to be a little safer, you can do this where the fuel line connects to the carb.

Got My Bug Home!! - Page 2 Sacarb2

Its simple, keeps the fuel line from popping off, and I've heard its a good idea.
That is a good idea. I did notice the fuel line appears to not be German Fuel line. The German cloth style fuel line is designed for the high temperature and Heat Aircooleds Have. I would recommend getting that rubber fuel line replaced with German fuel hoses. Seen that type of fuel hose fail and cause fires. Herrell Bug Parts or Pro Flow carries German fuel hoses.

Oh, this isn't my car. This was a pic of another car that had this done. Mine has german cloth hose. Which is what I prefer as well. It seems to last longer and keeps a bit of a vintage look. But this is just my opinion. Like Fluxcap said, whatever type you have, as long as you keep the fuel lines in good condition and inspect them often, they should be fine.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm

drvr8 wrote:
Got My Bug Home!! - Page 2 1961ragtop18

I went back to look at your engine some more. I had to say that I've never seen engine tin with as good of a fit as your engine tin before. I guess it's because mine has aftermarket tin. Laughing

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 am

Great looking ride! As of this weekend, I'll be right down the road from you. Cant wait to see it out and about.
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

ping349n wrote:Great looking ride! As of this weekend, I'll be right down the road from you.

Let me know if you need any help moving stuff around or unloading anything. Welcome to the community!!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ping349n Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 am

rpm750 wrote:
ping349n wrote:Great looking ride! As of this weekend, I'll be right down the road from you.

Let me know if you need any help moving stuff around or unloading anything. Welcome to the community!!

Thanks for the offer Bob! I wish I had someone over here to help me finish packing! LOL! We have two men and a truck coming Friday so they will do most of the grunt work. I may need some help in the near future when my wife opens up her new practice to move her heavy ass office furniture. We are storing it in th basement until then. We are right between GA-85 and Main street on Seavey St in Senioa. Visitors are always welcome. Very Happy
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by drvr8 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 am

I won't be able to help this weekend... but when your wife gets ready to move her office... let me know and I'll be there to lend a hand!
drvr8
drvr8
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum