Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem.

4 posters

Go down

Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem. Empty Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem.

Post by oldfart Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:40 am

Vw bugs have very sensitive carb circulation. Air fuel mixture, idle air adjustment, idle adjustment at the the throttle arm, idle jets and electric idle valves. Lots of things can cause idle problems in a bug but when the carb WON'T adjust, concider a few things first; #1. Vacuum leaks. Dual ports like to leak at the boots on the casting/manifold seal area, carb base gasket, hole in manifold, End castings where they seal to the head. I use a spray carb cleaner and with the engine running, I spray the area's that might be leaking as mentioned. If you spray the area and hear an engine change, then you have found youre leak! A small vacuum leak will cause a vw carb NOT to adjust or idle. Sooo, if you run into a problem with your carb not idling or adjusting properly, try these tricks first and it might save you some head aches. A moving or lose manifold on dual port engines will stear me to the manifold boots because the moving intake manifold will eventually tear the boots and you get A LEAK! after tackling these tricks first, you can then move on to the more common problems that can cause the symptoms. Valve adj,timing,dirt carb, bad gas or spark problems. Hope this helps.....! Please call if I can be of service to you. 706-990-7069 cell Ken

oldfart
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem. Empty Re: Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem.

Post by m1auto Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 am

what could be the problem if there is no vacuum leaks? everything is sealed up on my bug but it still wont adjust! i just rebuilt the carb so the o-rings and gaskets are all new. any ideas?

m1auto
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem. Empty Re: Carb won't adjust?? Try these tricks to fix the problem.

Post by type4revolution Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am

What kind of plugs you running. / seen people put the wrong plugs in them and have tuning problems also the correct torque for plug installation is critical. As far as gaskets go don't ever use the metal dualport intake gaskets that come in those cute gasket kits
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am

m1auto wrote:what could be the problem if there is no vacuum leaks? everything is sealed up on my bug but it still wont adjust! i just rebuilt the carb so the o-rings and gaskets are all new. any ideas?
If someone has screwed the idle screw down REALLY tight then they can damage the body of the carb and it will have a leak that is not easily identified. Never had one like this, but it is a topic on the Samba quite often.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum