Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Sounding Exhaust

3 posters

Go down

Best Sounding Exhaust Empty Best Sounding Exhaust

Post by Brooksmx_829 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Whats up everyone, need your help. Recently got rear ended and am being forced to to buy a new exhaust. I have a inch and 5/8 header with a regular ol' stinger muffler. I hated it. I take it the car that hit hated it too. I felt like it restricted my engine too much. I am running a 2276cc and really want the best sounding/performance under $200.00. Kinda looking at the classpack style gt exhaust or the phat boy style. Thers the bugpack that looks just like the phat boy but dont know which is better. Please help. Yall are the experts and have prob been around this scene longer so give me your input and help my bug sound bad a**.
Brooksmx_829
Brooksmx_829
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Best Sounding Exhaust Empty Re: Best Sounding Exhaust

Post by type4revolution Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 pm

$200 for a performance great sounding exhaust is pushing the limit dont ya think. If your engine feels restricted check carb jetting and maybe use a smaller header. There are so many combinations when you say 2276 to evaluate restrictions. i have a 2110 with 1 1/2 inch header with a true muffler and dual carbs in my bus and have no restriction all the way up to 5000rpm. i would also check your timing and dizzy for loss of power.Best Sounding Exhaust Resampled_2012-07-04_14-05-13_555_zps4d11c500
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vw57drvr Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:28 pm

The trimil "hotdog" muffler sounds very good. Just make sure its a real trimil.
vw57drvr
vw57drvr
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down