Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rarest Of The Rare

5 posters

Go down

Rarest Of The Rare Empty Rarest Of The Rare

Post by Knumb Knucks Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 pm

A friend of mine found this at a yard sale and called me. The back of it has a worn and Allmost unreadable Berlin stamp in the metal. There is very little info on this it is so rare. It was given to some workers at the opening ceromonies of the KDF plant in 1938. The lapel pins are more common than this piece. If anyone knows or has any other info on this piece let me know. There are few topics about it on Google. I got my information out of the August 2005 Hot VWs. If anyone has a issue that talks about this item share it. I am sifting through all my issues to find more info. Rarest Of The Rare IMAG2238
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Rarest Of The Rare Empty Re: Rarest Of The Rare

Post by zabo Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 pm

very cool
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Post it up in the collectables forum on the Samba, I bet somebody on there may know more about it.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 am

I did find this, It's not good news

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=411787
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Well that one isn't like mine. The one I have has Berlin stamped on the back. Hot VWS did some research on these and they are in fact a genuine article just very little is known about them. Some of those guys on the samba talk more than they actually know. On another note there is also a German print/writeing on the actual metal on the inner sides. and it came out of a box full of German Millitary relics at a yard sale.It seems silly the guy on samba says these were made in the 80's and 90's.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:Well that one isn't like mine. The one I have has Berlin stamped on the back. Hot VWS did some research on these and they are in fact a genuine article just very little is known about them. Some of those guys on the samba talk more than they actually know. On another note there is also a German print/writeing on the actual metal on the inner sides. and it came out of a box full of German Millitary relics at a yard sale.It seems silly the guy on samba says these were made in the 80's and 90's.

I hope it is a great find, I was just offering up some info I found. Good luck in your research.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 am

pwmcguire wrote:
Knumb Knucks wrote:Well that one isn't like mine. The one I have has Berlin stamped on the back. Hot VWS did some research on these and they are in fact a genuine article just very little is known about them. Some of those guys on the samba talk more than they actually know. On another note there is also a German print/writeing on the actual metal on the inner sides. and it came out of a box full of German Millitary relics at a yard sale.It seems silly the guy on samba says these were made in the 80's and 90's.

I hope it is a great find, I was just offering up some info I found. Good luck in your research.
Thanks,its cool either way. That one guy had a good point too about of they were repops or fakes they would be all over eBay and the internet but they aren't. Thanks for the info,if you find any more pass it on.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 am

Naah, its gotta be fake. I will be happy to recycle it for ya!

http://www.germaniainternational.com/rad4.html (1/2 way down page)

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=773677 (one for sale)

http://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=32604 (a REAL fake one!)

You found a nice treasure. Lots of German metal didn't make it through the war.
Other than than the £100, I can't find a value though.

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down