Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid America Motorworks

+4
bumblebuggy
Joe
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
8 posters

Go down

Mid America Motorworks Empty Mid America Motorworks

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:59 pm

I am a big fan of CIP1 and our local guy Clyde (info below) but I got my first catalog in from Mid America Motorworks and they look very impressive. Nice quality products, lots of German, decent pricing and an awesome catalog with pictures down to the screw. I hate JC Shitney and BFY Obsolete customer service. What are your views on MAM?

Here is the info for Clyde, our local dealer. He is an awesome guy to work with, carries nothing but quality parts, great prices and a straight shooter. He does not have a website but does have an awesome memory for inventory so if you need something, please give him a call.

Athens German Aircooled Parts, LLC
Clyde Maddox
VW Parts and SCAT Dealer
706-206-6327 cell
706-227-2158
email deanjones53@hotmail.com
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Mid America Motorworks Empty Re: Mid America Motorworks

Post by fluxcap Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:24 pm

I've bought from them many times and never had a problem. I don't necessarily like to buy from them though because their prices are kind of on the high side for the quality of stuff they sell. That being said, if they were the only place that had an item I needed in stock, I would use them. I primarily use WolfsburgWest, but if I don't need the part in a hurry, I too like to use Cip1 since they have good prices and most items are free shipping (that free shipping just takes a while to make it to GA.)
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Nice catalog is the only thing good about them. Now that you are getting one you will get the same catalog every other month with no changes in it. Prices are more then most and you might or might not get your order in 6 months.

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Joe wrote:Now that you are getting one you will get the same catalog every other month with no changes in it.
Very true. I seem to get them even more frequent than every other month. They could probably charge lower prices if they didn't spend so much on printing and postage.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 am

MAM does a pretty good job, however, if they don't have it in stock it takes forever to get your backorder in.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanner Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:49 pm

I swore I'd never use Mid America again after they gave me the run-around on a backorder. First they'd have it in a week, then two, then the first of next month, then "Oh they're not planning on going back into production on that item anytime soon.." I kept calling to check on the backorder item and they're just telling me something to get me off the line. Tell me the truth people, so I can get my stuff elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I had to suck up and buy something out of they're overpriced weekly catalog 'cause nobody else had what I needed. Embarassed
Tanner
Tanner
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 68

http://rt1designs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm

I've had problems with BFY this year as well. I placed several orders back in April - choosing BFY because I like tier interactive parts app on the website. I've had backorders trickling in since then. In fact, just today I received the fuel arm and firewall groment. I purchased these items from Hurrell Bug Parts in Carrolton a couple of months ago. If anyone needs a fuel arm and firewall groment - please let me know.

I like So Cal Imports. There shipping is quick for comming out of So Cal, prices are good and customer service is great. I had an issue with a part damaged during shipment and they overnighted the replacement.

Linde at Hurrel Bug Parts has been great. It is great to be able to go in and put your hands on parts as well as ask for advice and recomendations. He has put the right parts in my hands each time I have visited the shop. He also has a well stocked graveyard for anyone who is isterested. It is interesing because you can actually see the yard in satelite view on Google Maps.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Thanks for the plug, Scott!
Clyde
Clyde
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-07-23

http://athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dbcox Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:10 pm

I got my new mid america book today. There was some changes , there was a new snazzy picture on the front. What a Face
dbcox
dbcox
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-09

http://www.lubedealer.com/dbcox

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 am

I didn't think to add this before but.................How much can a vintage VW ad magazine change? Once you list every part in every size and color you are pretty much set. Clothes change, bedding changes, shoes ads change, vintage vw parts.................never change.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down