Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by LB Bedwell Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31 am

found out that the PO of the bus decided to only change one side of the rear brakes and the one side that wasn't replaced got down to where it needed to be replaced and the wheel cylinder had to push further out and it missed the shoe and blew the wheel cylinder out
LB Bedwell
LB Bedwell
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Houston we have a problem,.,.Holy Crack!!!! Now what do I do??? What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 C5b38895-orig
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:Houston we have a problem,.,.Holy Crack!!!! Now what do I do??? What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 C5b38895-orig

Yeah it seems that all bamboo will do that eventually. I was just researching this the other day, ( I am thinking of building a Tiki bar on the back deck for next summer) From what I have been reading, there is not much you can do to prevent it. One guy claims his bamboo doesn't split, according to him, he heats it with a torch to steam out the liquids then wipes em down and dry slowly out of direct sunlight. Haven't got that far with my project, so I don't know if it really works. An easy fix would be to rotate the split to the inside where you can't see it and take some hemp looking rope and wrap it on the ends and maybe in the middle. From what I understand once it splits it won't split again.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by adams77 Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I have worked with cane before and the number one method was to drill a small weep hole between each "knuckle" and then ream out the middle so the pole is hollow(yours looks like it was already hollowed). That seems to keep the expansion to a minimum.

adams77
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

It has been drying out of the sun for years before I stained it. I hollowed the inside out. Digger if I turn it ,the mounting holes will be exsposed. I did everything way past the recommended procees time and it still split. Guess its the nature of it.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Come to think about it a lot of those store bought bamboo bars are half pieces instead of whole rounds. Maybe that's why cuz they split.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Replaced the fuel pump and stand. It had a major crack in it and started leaking bad. Also set the points. Man what a difference that made! While I was at it I checked on my fender brakes.....they still look like they have some meat left on them. Laughing
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:Houston we have a problem,.,.Holy Crack!!!! Now what do I do??? What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 C5b38895-orig

Put a piano hinge on the back and latches on the front. Just an idea. I don't see how it carries the poles so I don't know if that even makes sense. .02
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Getting Rack Ready For HalloweenWhat did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 E36a2aaa-orig What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 9a1dc3d3-orig What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 9958292f-orig[b]
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am

went to the other side and bought a 86 gti.... and iam loving it. Shocked
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:33 pm

fried_chicken wrote:went to the other side and bought a 86 gti.... and iam loving it. Shocked
Nothin wrong with that. Post a pic.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 am

Fixed my rear running lights after work this morning. After some sleep- gonna tackle running some new wires for my tag. Sleep
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 am

Don Hall wrote:Fixed my rear running lights after work this morning. After some sleep- gonna tackle running some new wires for my tag. Sleep
dang it Don sleep is over rated
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 am

fried_chicken wrote:went to the other side and bought a 86 gti.... and iam loving it. Shocked
Welcome, come on in the water is fine!
I need to see this GTI.
Cool, a neighbor with an H2O VW.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Damnit Don!! We had this conversation about the tag light before you put it on. Your doings just as I suspected,Damnit Don!!! Remember this car isn't a half ass car. Time for a inspection on the subject of the tag & tailight.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

TIME TO FIX THE FUCKING WIRING COMPLETELY! Evil or Very Mad
(pardon the f-bomb. It's a product of my frustration)
Sincerely,
'Damn-it' Don
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:
Don Hall wrote:Fixed my rear running lights after work this morning. After some sleep- gonna tackle running some new wires for my tag. Sleep
dang it Don sleep is over rated
Don't worry- I only allowed about 4 hours for it. Evil or Very Mad
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by 68beetlebug Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 am

Had Willy's leaky gas tank fixed. YAY
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 am

68beetlebug wrote:Had Willy's leaky gas tank fixed. YAY
Yay! what was wrong?
I painted the metal piece that holds the light in place black to make the bug look like he it has eyes! Razz
hehe. Its pretty cool.

Ive done a lil here and there though since the weekend. Taking the "Conrads" thing off. Sanding to the black/baby blue. Maybe a white over it and then Ill sand a lil again.. rusty herbie? haha everyone calls it Herbie around here.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 297116_2379780701200_1451131254_2566797_2069561573_n
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

Post by 68beetlebug Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:47 am

The bottom of the tank had some tiny holes. So, it is repaired and painted...ready to go back in! I'm glad cause I really miss drivin that bug!
Keep the pics coming! It's great that you have a bug again!
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

pulled the bus beam.
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:33 pm

callahan wrote:pulled the bus beam.

pics or it didnt happen
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvalkennedy Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Don, may want to hook up with you shortly to show me the same thing.. I keep blowing my fuse on my brake light/running light and I don't have a licence light either.. Love some guidance with this...
johnvalkennedy
johnvalkennedy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Bedwell Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

johnvalkennedy wrote:

Don, may want to hook up with you shortly to show me the same thing.. I keep blowing my fuse on my brake light/running light and I don't have a licence light either.. Love some guidance with this...
Use a paper clip for the fuse and you will find where the problem is real fast, just watch for the smoke signals Twisted Evil
LB Bedwell
LB Bedwell
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:29 am

affraid
LB Bedwell wrote: Use a paper clip for the fuse and you will find where the problem is real fast, just watch for the smoke signals Twisted Evil
affraid
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next